Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Business Saver

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 10:47 am
Ooi

Hi again and you are most welcome.
Didn't realise you hadn't booked your Bangkok/Singapore flight. The trouble with low cost airlines are the baggage restrictions and incurred extra weigh costs similar to Easy Jet and Ryan Air. Nonetheless, an Air Asia package ending in Singapore with hotels included is feasible. The alternative is book flights only and the hotels separately. Hotels are not my forte any more. Look up AirAsiaGo and ask on TripAdvisor. I'd say a 3/4 KL/Sin split giving you a final day's rest in Singapore before the flight home.

BTW I meant galleys but spelt gantries. Was thinking of Pub Bar gantries, so apologies.

Cannot give you any direction on Bangkok. My knowledge is old hat on that one.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Hi. thanks I appreciate about the low cost airlines and the add ons but the ones we have peeked at do allow us to add on extra baggage upto 35kg (not that we will need that much but we will need more than 20kg) we have not priced up the other airline suggestions we have received yet. Still making sure our plan works on paper with splitting the days between each place.

Thanks again to everyone, we are very grateful for all your helpful advice so if you think of anything else please let us know.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by d1191
Hi. thanks I appreciate about the low cost airlines and the add ons but the ones we have peeked at do allow us to add on extra baggage upto 35kg (not that we will need that much but we will need more than 20kg) we have not priced up the other airline suggestions we have received yet. Still making sure our plan works on paper with splitting the days between each place.

Thanks again to everyone, we are very grateful for all your helpful advice so if you think of anything else please let us know.
I personally LOVE KL so would go for a diffferent split of 5 in Bangkok, 5 in Singapore and 4 in KL.

Jo
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Hi again,

We will be booking our flights from Bangkok to KL and KL to Singapore later. Prices with Malaysia Airlines about Ł250 for us both including (30kg hold baggage) can book these on 1 ticket. Prices with Air Asia also adding on 30kg each is approx Ł178 but need to book flights separately a couple of the other lower cost airlines in the middle.
Not having any experience of either airlines wondering who you might choose? the difference isn`t vast but its still Ł70`ish.

Many thanks as always
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Hi again,

We will be booking our flights from Bangkok to KL and KL to Singapore later. Prices with Malaysia Airlines about Ł250 for us both including (30kg hold baggage) can book these on 1 ticket. Prices with Air Asia also adding on 30kg each is approx Ł178 but need to book flights separately a couple of the other lower cost airlines in the middle.
Not having any experience of either airlines wondering who you might choose? the difference isn`t vast but its still Ł70`ish.

Many thanks as always
As a rule of thumb legacy > low-cost at equal pricing. In this case you need to decide how much the 70GBP matters to you, also not sure how restricted MH on-board service is given their financial situation. Air Asia you need to pay for everything, and it's more of a "cattle" experience. Short flight though, so much of muchness ultimately. I have flown on both.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for replying.

We really just want to get from a to b the most reliable way and are not too bothered about what you get on the flight when its in the air. Appreciate on Air Asia we need to pay for everything, but as the flights are about 2 hours and then just over 1 hour don`t think we would need much (would not book the meals).

I just don`t want any problems with our bags after flying with Emirates, that is why I am pricing for 30kg (don`t think we will have that much but its so nice not to be restricted to 23kg which we have been stuck with for the last few years when travelling round the the US and I felt under constant pressure having to weigh them every flight we took)

Ł70 difference would mean more to spend in KL.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks for replying.

We really just want to get from a to b the most reliable way and are not too bothered about what you get on the flight when its in the air. Appreciate on Air Asia we need to pay for everything, but as the flights are about 2 hours and then just over 1 hour don`t think we would need much (would not book the meals).

I just don`t want any problems with our bags after flying with Emirates, that is why I am pricing for 30kg (don`t think we will have that much but its so nice not to be restricted to 23kg which we have been stuck with for the last few years when travelling round the the US and I felt under constant pressure having to weigh them every flight we took)

Ł70 difference would mean more to spend in KL.
Also keep in mind that they use different airports in KL. Technically one airport (as in same runways) but different terminals, with the LCC terminal (klia2) I believe quite a bit further from KL. I booked the bus transfer from Air Asia itself when I flew to KL with them which worked quite well and is affordable. I've only transited with MH so not sure what options you have to the city but I believe an express train is one of them. Either way this is a cost worth factoring in as the drive from klia2 to the city is at least an hour if I remember correctly.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much, I`m sure I had read about 2 terminals but assumed they were next to each other. I`ll check that out in a minute.

Yes there is an express train and the price is similar to taxi but of course its quicker, then we would need a short taxi ride from the main station to hotel (not booked yet)
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:28 am

Have you considered taking the train between KL and Singapore? It would give you a chance to see some countryside. Check out www.seat61.com
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you Flymeanywhere, we hadn`t considered travelling by train.

We booked our flights with Malaysia Airlines last night. Worked out at Ł225 for both flights including 30kg of luggage and they even throw a meal in!! When we came to book they were only Ł29 more expensive than Air Asia.

You have all be so fantastic sharing your advice and experience and we are very grateful.

Only three hotels to book now ....
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Hi, not long now!!

Was wondering if anyone can please help?

We booked 3 our of our 4 chauffeur pick ups the other night and were given the choice to have details emailed. They never came through to my email (I have done the booking for my daughter and myself) yet earlier when checking something for my daughter for some reason they are showing on her email account. Also when booking the cars the system did not ask for names just did we want one or 2 cars. Am I right in thinking that one car will turn up for both of us to get in?

Sorry if I seem a bit vague but his is new to us and we did assume that we would have to input our names. Is there any way to check as I do like to have everything double checked.

Also we have not booked the car from our Singapore hotel to Changi Airport for our flight home, everyone seems to say there is a lot to see at this airport was wondering if its a good idea to spend a bit longer there than the normal 3 hours (we also have the lounge access there)

Thank you, for any more help you can give us.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:19 am

Hi, not long now!!

Was wondering if anyone can please help?

We booked 3 our of our 4 chauffeur pick ups the other night and were given the choice to have details emailed. They never came through to my email (I have done the booking for my daughter and myself) yet earlier when checking something for my daughter for some reason they are showing on her email account. Also when booking the cars the system did not ask for names just did we want one or 2 cars. Am I right in thinking that one car will turn up for both of us to get in?

Sorry if I seem a bit vague but his is new to us and we did assume that we would have to input our names. Is there any way to check as I do like to have everything double checked.

Also we have not booked the car from our Singapore hotel to Changi Airport for our flight home, everyone seems to say there is a lot to see at this airport was wondering if its a good idea to spend a bit longer there than the normal 3 hours (we also have the lounge access there)

Thank you, for any more help you can give us.
One or two days before the flight, you should get a call confirming requirements - e.g. number of cars, luggage etc.

Changi is an airport more than a sightseeing destination. If you are stuck there, then there are things to see, but I don't think it warrants extra time...unless you are flying in SQ F and want to gorge at the Private Room
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thank you for replying The Emirates site I think is quite confusing as we have booked all 4 cars and it is saying you have booked 4 out of 8 cars, would be so much easier if it let you put in your names!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
The first time I flew business class on Emirates - or in general actually, I felt at first that I couldn't justify $7,000+ (SYD - DXB - MLA - RETURN) but when you're then getting chauffeur, lounge access, food in the lounge, AND A LIE FLAT BED ON THE PLANE ITSELF, it makes it all worth because not only am I getting all the above, I'm also getting 2-3-sometimes-5 days jetlag free because I was able to rest on the plane.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I just booked an EK J Saver BKK-DXB RTN for the best price I have seen in a while, about 48,000 baht compared to 80,000+ that it has been for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.