New Plat welcome pack - no gift

Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:35 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
So are you say that last year when i was Gold there were more full flights, and this year the planes are not as full? indicating Emirates is losing business while they raise their prices....
That's one possibility.
Also, they have changed the opup criteria in such a way that they first look at the fare class and only then at status. So a Blue Flex+ will get an opup before a Plat Saver. This has (understandably) upset a lot of Plats! I was a beneficiary of this new policy in October when I was on a J Flex+ (upgraded to F on DXB/CPT).
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
That's one possibility.
Also, they have changed the opup criteria in such a way that they first look at the fare class and only then at status. So a Blue Flex+ will get an opup before a Plat Saver. This has (understandably) upset a lot of Plats! I was a beneficiary of this new policy in October when I was on a J Flex+ (upgraded to F on DXB/CPT).
It's a painful policy unfortunately.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Both my wife and myself received our cards in the mail in CPT. But then they are only silver, so of less value then plat....
Don't even know why I bother. I don't use the tags anymore and the card is only useful because the sniffy ground staff in DXB insist on it for mile upgrades; and it's more reliable than the Emirates ID for immigration. Other than that I have my number memorised. But still. I want my damn cards lol.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
That's one possibility.
I'm becoming increasingly sceptical about why op up criteria. I am normally on FlexPlus fares, so my op up rate is decent.

I recently, though, flew with a colleague, also a weary, groggy plat who was on a Flex and I was FlexPlus. He got the upgrade I didn't. Short haul I generally only get the cheapest tickets because on company policy. Upgraded to J on a saver to DOH and to J on a saver to KHI today.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
So are you say that last year when i was Gold there were more full flights, and this year the planes are not as full? indicating Emirates is losing business while they raise their prices....
That and the new op-up policy prioritizing fare type over status. I'd say just a coincidence that you reached plat at the same time as the new policy and lighter loads.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
I don't know what you people are talking about.

This year, I received this unique EK branded desk pen box*, with an exclusive design for Platinum members.

* pens not included
Attached Images   
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:17 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by extramileage

This year, I received this unique EK branded desk pen box*, with an exclusive design for Platinum members.

* pens not included
I guess a few F sectors will fill the box up with pens no problem.
Still a bit stingy not to include one of these F pens in the box.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
What no aromatic therapy products as seen in F in the Plat pack, you know to bring back flashbacks of our trips in F ? Guess we better stop flying EK !
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:41 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Flame3601
What no aromatic therapy products as seen in F in the Plat pack, you know to bring back flashbacks of our trips in F ? Guess we better stop flying EK !
Let alone - dare I say it - some HAND LOTION :-)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Let alone - dare I say it - some HAND LOTION :-)
Hydration is key , do not want dry hands !
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by extramileage

* pens not included
Yes. Pure joke.
Kept the lousy plastic cards, but all the rest was trashed direct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.