Upsold on Arabian airpass!

Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Upsold on Arabian airpass!

So I called EK last night to add a booking to Beruit using the Arabian airpass which is cheaper (although not much these days) than a revenue ticket from Dxb.

Anyway it was £1050 for a j add on to bey then she said please hold and offered to turn my ticket which was LGW to DXB to MAN into a flex / flex plus for £1300.

The sucker that I am went for it and I've now got a flex Lgw Dxb bey and flex plus bey Dxb man. Quite a big difference in miles and I have an grandma that is quite ill so I may have to bring the man flight forward so the extra flexibility may be useful.

No added change fees on this - maybe the revenue generation department is going to offer more things like this?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:09 pm

Is this still a thing?! 1g for a return in J sounds like the normal J fare any way.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: EK Gold, TK *G, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Are Arabian passes still for sale? Couldn't find it on the EK website anywhere.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Is this still a thing?! 1g for a return in J sounds like the normal J fare any way.
Yes almost - the j fare was 7400 aed and I could have paid £1050 and ended up paying £1300 so it was still a slight save. It does show that re ticketing me in flex and flex plus means the savings aren't there anymore. Beruit is the furthest zone as well so better deals are to be had to Oman or Qatar.

They don't widely advertise it and the prices aren't as good as they used to be but it's still possible as long as you haven't started the journey.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.