Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

BMW replacing Volvos at DXB effective today (March 9)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMW replacing Volvos at DXB effective today (March 9)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Yes. I've seen it three weeks ago ... or was it i/O ?
I don't remember. It was on the streets, as I don't use CD anymore.
7 series are I/o cars now
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
errrr, this was about CD at DXB.

Otherwise, you are right, at outstations you can get a much better car. How many times did I get S-class, which were reserved to I/O at DXB ...
Sometimes I got A8, and, recently, two times in a row Tesla (back seats are not really comfy ...).
I know, i realised i was touching OT space but it's a baseline, surprising in DXB, earth's luxury car epicentre, they'd have worse cars.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by ghostwrita
BM7s for F?
DXB gets E Class Estate or Saloon for F.

Not exactly a huge difference from the 520's they're giving for J.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Originally Posted by murtaza12
DXB gets E Class Estate or Saloon for F.

Not exactly a huge difference from the 520's they're giving for J.
Yes, the 7 series reference was confusing as I've never had that.

Not really related but I always find it funny when I arrive and there's a queue of people with red slips waiting for F cars, and being offered J cars and saying no.

I just skip to the front and take the Volvo. E class is hardly anything special. Perhaps that will change with the 5 series.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:57 am

Yes, the 7 series reference was confusing as I've never had that.

Not really related but I always find it funny when I arrive and there's a queue of people with red slips waiting for F cars, and being offered J cars and saying no.

I just skip to the front and take the Volvo. E class is hardly anything special. Perhaps that will change with the 5 series.
Yeah, honestly, what's wrong with the Volvo? I quite like them, they're comfortable, and have always had the right amount of space in the back for the past 15 years that I've been flying J.
I've gotten used to them, and I have to admit, it will feel very weird to not see them on my next trip to DXB.

Though recently on departure trips from DXB, I've usually gotten an E-Class instead of a Volvo if I request for one car only, if it's a PNR with more than 1, then they send the Volvos, otherwise they send the E-Class with the First Class branding on the doors.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Yeah, honestly, what's wrong with the Volvo? I quite like them, they're comfortable, and have always had the right amount of space in the back for the past 15 years that I've been flying J.
I've gotten used to them, and I have to admit, it will feel very weird to not see them on my next trip to DXB.

Though recently on departure trips from DXB, I've usually gotten an E-Class instead of a Volvo if I request for one car only, if it's a PNR with more than 1, then they send the Volvos, otherwise they send the E-Class with the First Class branding on the doors.
I suppose one added benefit for tourists arriving in the UAE is that most of the F Mercs offer wifi in the car.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Don't think that wifi has ever once worked for me, but queue up so that you can use wifi for the 15-30mins in a car? I'm clearly doing something badly wrong with my life that I can't spare the time.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
I suppose one added benefit for tourists arriving in the UAE is that most of the F Mercs offer wifi in the car.
I was actually not aware of that, the driver never mentioned it the few times I've been in the E-Class.

Don't think that wifi has ever once worked for me, but queue up so that you can use wifi for the 15-30mins in a car? I'm clearly doing something badly wrong with my life that I can't spare the time.
Local SIMs available on arrival are a blessing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.