Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business saver fares

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Business saver fares

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I did search and was unable to find a definitive answer.

I am looking to book some flights for December. When I first searched there were business saver fares available for the outbound leg but the inbound hadn't been released.

Now the outbound saver fares have vanished and the inbound hasn't had any aver fares released yet as far as I can tell.

Are there likely to be more 'saver' business fares released closer to the time or have I simply missed the boat in your expert opinion?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
It's possible. Impossible to say whether it's "likely" or not
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I did search and was unable to find a definitive answer.

I am looking to book some flights for December. When I first searched there were business saver fares available for the outbound leg but the inbound hadn't been released.

Now the outbound saver fares have vanished and the inbound hasn't had any aver fares released yet as far as I can tell.

Are there likely to be more 'saver' business fares released closer to the time or have I simply missed the boat in your expert opinion?

Thanks for any advice.
The UK fares are mental at the moment - Its been cheaper for me to buy a ticket from the Uk to DXB and a separate ticket from DXB onwards...

The J fares I' looked at were more expensive than any F seat I booked last year.

They will come back just need to be in the right place, right time and if you book too far out in my experience you get punished in the same way as if you book last minute.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I've just booked 2 Business Saver return tickets UK to BKK for 30th Dec 17 returning 14th Jan 18 saving me £2000 each over Business Flex
Last year the Savers for late December/early Jan had all gone by March so it was a no brainer
SS
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks everyone-will just have to keep watching. Have already purchased some rather expensive flights so was hoping could get this one which is for leisure at a saver rate.
Maybe need to book flex plus economy in the hope of upgrades becoming available.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
I've just booked 2 Business Saver return tickets UK to BKK for 30th Dec 17 returning 14th Jan 18 saving me £2000 each over Business Flex
Last year the Savers for late December/early Jan had all gone by March so it was a no brainer
SS
No Savers before 8th January from what I've seen.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
I feel like they pull the saver fares once a week for a day just to see... and they rapidly get put back. It's pretty easy to see that EK is having serious yield management issues.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Originally Posted by ft101
No Savers before 8th January from what I've seen.
LHR/BKK out 29/12 Back 16/01
Saver £1784
Flex £ 2925

SS
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
I've had some great success with business savers out of Gatwick if you are ex-UK at various dates, but they do come and go, quite quickly. So keep an eye out!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
LHR/BKK out 29/12 Back 16/01
Saver £1784
Flex £ 2925
That's what I mean. You can't get back before 8th January unless you buy a Flex Fare.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
I just picked an arbitrary date in early December for a ticket from LHR to BKK and there was no problem getting a Saver fare at £1764.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by steveben53
I just picked an arbitrary date in early December for a ticket from LHR to BKK and there was no problem getting a Saver fare at £1764.
BKK usually has no problems getting there until after around the 15th-24th (from all origins), then opens up again 27-29th.

Then you will struggle to find a cheap ex-BKK ticket from 2nd-~7th Jan.

That period is by far the busiest for every carrier in BKK.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red
The UK fares are mental at the moment - Its been cheaper for me to buy a ticket from the Uk to DXB and a separate ticket from DXB onwards...

The J fares I' looked at were more expensive than any F seat I booked last year.

They will come back just need to be in the right place, right time and if you book too far out in my experience you get punished in the same way as if you book last minute.
m3red I agree! I've also booked cheaper F tickets! I looked at 3 J saver tickets and it came in around £6.5K but to fly a month later the exact same flights are coming in at £17.5K
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
I looked at 3 J saver tickets and it came in around £6.5K but to fly a month later the exact same flights are coming in at £17.5K

Welcome to ex-US flights.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pokeable

Welcome to ex-US flights.
Except I'm only looking for ex-uk - daylight robbery!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.