Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum renewal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
You really must kick that Toblerone chocolate habit, eternal ........
It's not chocolate that fills up my baggage
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ft101
Only Plats?
I got the same as silver last year. They gave me an extra month and if I remember correctly the renewal lasted as though I had renewed on time.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
They have pretty much been granting the extra month for requalifying since the beginning, in my opinion to have to avoid having people getting an "extra" month by (re)qualifying within the 13 month rolling qualification period as opposed to the 12 month requalification period. Given that the status is valid for 14 months, the simple trick would be to qualify again during the 14th month

Agree with others that, as I have posted elsewhere before, Plat status is pretty pointless, especially given the additional miles required over gold. To me the only benefit of any use is access to the DXB FCL when flying in C (yes, even now, I'm not stupid enough to pay to use it
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: CX Green, BA, AF Gold, Skywards Platinum
My wife and I qualified for Plat renewal in December 2016. In early January we received the new cards, but there was no mention of a gift. in previous years there has been a slip of paper in the box the cards come in giving a link to go to in order to choose a gift. This time that was missing.

However, earlier this month, we both received an email saying that we had to choose a gift by February 15th or we would lose it. There was a link in the email. We chose our gifts and received them a few days later. As far as I remember the gifts were headphones - same as last time, two jewellery things and a power bank charger.

Maybe they've changed the procedures. See if you get the email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.