Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disruptive (drunk) passenger in F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:44 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Mel was probably lurking somewhere ready to pounce on this 'dahling' lady .

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I was on EK1 on Sunday. Bit of an early flight for wine isn't it? :P
Not necessarily but thanks for your opinion.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:22 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes - it's a huge issue on the 0.001% of flights that has disruption.
Quite ^. Lets not disrupt the perfectly reasonable behaviour of the VAST majority just in case someone goes over the top.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by rumbataz
The obsession with alcohol. Again.
Not just alcohol but also the glamour of flying F for the first time and the F flying image associated with consumption of a lot of booze
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:02 am

No airport bars.

Remove the bars at airports past security. On the planes the alcohol can be monitored and should be limited per passenger. Really do you need to get sloshed to fly?

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Just remove the alcohol from flights. It would solve 90% of these problems.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Oxnardjan
Remove the bars at airports past security. On the planes the alcohol can be monitored and should be limited per passenger. Really do you need to get sloshed to fly?

This is way off topic but I'll humour you.

Not going to happen and nor should it.

Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Oxnardjan
Bizarre... everyone would then just go to the pre-security bars that would open within about 5 minutes of this new rule.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Bizarre... everyone would then just go to the pre-security bars that would open within about 5 minutes of this new rule.
I don't think it was meant as a serious comment!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by rumbataz

On a more serious not, I think people underestimate the affect that a rowdy passenger(s) can have on the other hundreds of passengers on the flight and the flight crew. Whilst regular, seasoned travellers may not bat an eyelid, other passengers with conditions like anxiety, stress, depression, high blood pressure, etc., may become ill or have their conditions worsened when locked in a tube at 38,000 feet with some abusive idiot!

That's a good point - which, must admit, I hadn't really thought about.

I've witnessed occasional episodes of pax at the A380 bar just being very boorish & tiresome whilst bragging about how much they've drunk, within x number of hours, but can't say I've been on a flight with a seriously abusive passenger. I'm not a nervous flyer, but can imagine how worrying the latter scenario could be for someone who is. Not to mention the potential safety implications for ALL pax of course.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:11 am

I had three drunk passengers in CE on BA , one of whom was exceptionally disruptive to the point of sitting in the wrong seat, removing trousers etc. I formally complained to BA and never heard back, whilst on board I was told "theres not much we can do as he's a gold member"..... unreal how relaxed airlines are to this sort of behaviour.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by subject2load
I've witnessed occasional episodes of pax at the A380 bar just being very boorish & tiresome whilst bragging about how much they've drunk
Yes - I've heard it a couple times. Not so much bragging about how much they've drank, but how important they are, and how important their job is.

There was a guy on one of my recent flights who obviously thought I looked like a "first timer". He was boring me (and everyone else) to death about how often he flew the A380, and the lounges. He also made a big thing that he'd once been upgraded to F, and then explained to me how you get your own private suite and "huge loos with a shower".

Strangely, he got less irritating the longer the flight went on (or more likely, the more wine I'd consumed)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Richard Gibson
I had three drunk passengers in CE on BA , one of whom was exceptionally disruptive to the point of sitting in the wrong seat, removing trousers etc. I formally complained to BA and never heard back, whilst on board I was told "theres not much we can do as he's a gold member"..... unreal how relaxed airlines are to this sort of behaviour.
Gold members are not better than anyone else in terms of human beings. The cabin crew need to grow a pair and have the idiot arrested and banned for life. At the absolute least, he should be stripped of his tier down to Blue and be made to stand in the corner on his next flight at the gate with a dunce hat on. Before boarding he should write out 1,000 lines of "I must not be naughty on board a British Airways flight.".
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
Yes - I've heard it a couple times. Not so much bragging about how much they've drank, but how important they are, and how important their job is.

There was a guy on one of my recent flights who obviously thought I looked like a "first timer". He was boring me (and everyone else) to death about how often he flew the A380, and the lounges. He also made a big thing that he'd once been upgraded to F, and then explained to me how you get your own private suite and "huge loos with a shower".

Strangely, he got less irritating the longer the flight went on (or more likely, the more wine I'd consumed)
Nice: you lucked out by drawing a quiet drunk there! You know, I see this as just a basic question of serving/not serving. Someone does something bad in a bar (or worse: on the road) because you over-served them, you're in big legal trouble. I've never understood why airlines don't work harder to train their flight attendants on not over-serving.

I realize there's an awkward power imbalance here that makes things hard for the crew in their attempts to accommodate their highest rollers, but this is ultimately a potential safety issue for everyone on the plane.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:33 pm

I would have told that lady to STFU real quick I believe if someone is
visibly sh!tfaced, they should be denied boarding.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
I've had my share of intoxicated pax too. Was at the A380 bar and the FAs were constantly pouring a guy glasses of wine. It was clear he was heavily intoxicated as he was making quite a racket, making odd comments to other pax and playing music out loud. After a while I pulled one of the crew to the side and suggested to stop serving him alcohol as he was clearly passed amber and nearing a red signal. The crew brushed it off and said she had a lot of experience in this industry, not my problem I thought and didn't pursue it further as I didn't want to tell anyone how to do their job. Alas, the best part was when disembarking the plane everyone was walking off while said gentleman was passed out in his seat. Had a chuckle with few other pax but didn't wait to see if he was dragged of by UAE police.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.