Multiple Cities - How to book?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates
Multiple Cities - How to book?

Hey guys,

Quick question:
Assume for example that I have a 1 day trip to Dubai, followed by a 4 day trip to Geneva, followed by a trip to NYC.

It seems to me that the cheapest option would be to book DOH-DXB-MXP-JFK-DXB-DOH (round trip in business saver) and book the MXP-Geneva-MXP separately vs. DOH-DXB-Geneva, MXP-JFK-DXB-DOH (with a separate Geneva-MXP ticket).

I was wondering if there was a way to do the first option on the same ticket i.e. include the MXP-GEN return in the EK ticket (the online travel reservation websites do not allow a search for so many legs). I don't mind booking separately, but my only concern is what would happen if the Geneva - MXP plane got so delayed that I missed the MXP-JFK flight? Given that they are not on the same ticket, it would be my fault in EK's eyes rather than the other airline's so I wouldn't just get shifted for another flight for free.

I know I may have explained this very poorly lol but would love your help!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
You are correct. If you have separate tickets and the GVA-MXP flight is delayed such that you miss the flight from MXP, Emirates will not be liable. Best advice is to give yourself plenty of time to reach MXP instead of a short connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.