Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
I don't imagine EK not performing a marketing survey before taking such decision.
HAHAHAHA

I think you'll find the thought process is more:

"Oh ***** the bosses are pushing us [middle management] to come up with revenue ideas and cost cuts"

Anything that sounds like it could bring in any cash is instantly approved regardless of pressures on operations/image.

I'm only semi-joking.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I've not noticed the F lounge be any busier and the J lounge if I walk through it to C gates is always rammed anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
HAHAHAHA

I think you'll find the thought process is more:

"Oh ***** the bosses are pushing us [middle management] to come up with revenue ideas and cost cuts"

Anything that sounds like it could bring in any cash is instantly approved regardless of pressures on operations/image.

I'm only semi-joking.
You are probably right.
Sad ! (paraphrasing the orange guy)
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
I genuinely think this has generated more perceived problems than actual problems. I didn't notice any change ex DXB in the F lounge, but thought perhaps $200 is a bit too much to tempt most people. My last two flights ex DXB, including one during the early mornjng rush, I went to the J lounge and it wasn't any worse than before.

So the middle management grunts have done a good job, perhaps, of creating the mirage of revenue opportunities, without actually impacting operations.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:13 pm

Pay to use - maybe once

Having visited the 'B' concourse J lounge twice in the last couple of months, I would strongly advise anyone contemplating !pay to enter' to keep their CC in their wallet. Long line to be checked on entry, over crowded,poor food selection and quality. Maybe my timing was poor or the 'A' concourse is better. However to be fair Manchester was excellent, Hong Kong and Bangkok were very good. So overall very happy, just feel sorry for anyone who is tempted to pay for Dubai.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:40 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Ronel
Having visited the 'B' concourse J lounge twice in the last couple of months, I would strongly advise anyone contemplating !pay to enter' to keep their CC in their wallet. Long line to be checked on entry, over crowded,poor food selection and quality. Maybe my timing was poor or the 'A' concourse is better. However to be fair Manchester was excellent, Hong Kong and Bangkok were very good. So overall very happy, just feel sorry for anyone who is tempted to pay for Dubai.
The A J lounge is a lot better, and generally pretty quiet IME. I wouldn't pay for a B J experience.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:08 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
[QdUOTE=DYKWIA;27946247]The A J lounge is a lot better, and generally pretty quiet IME. I wouldn't pay for a B J experience.[/QUOTE]

Was trying to come up with a reply for that one without getting banned

S
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: EK Gold
totally passed me by that did, unless that is something they are going to introduce to the lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Was trying to come up with a reply for that one without getting banned
S
Attached Images  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:36 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
^^
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:08 am

I asked in GLA the other day about the paid lounge access being opened up to outstations and they said they thought it was coming.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I asked in GLA the other day about the paid lounge access being opened up to outstations and they said they thought it was coming.
There is literally one silver lining in this, which is that the lounges will have credit card terminals, so you can pay for upgrades/taxes and flight changes right there instead of waiting for ticketing.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Lufthansa Miles & More Blue, SAS EuroBonus Blue
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
What we may be seeing is in fact EK setting up to bundle lounge access with Y fares during the purchase process as an upsell (Add lounge access for just $100 more and enjoy complimentary food and drinks during your stay in DXB.) It's basic product unbundling which has worked in other industries to increase revenues.
Scandinavian Airlines actually offers their Economy (Go) passengers to buy lounge access (at the airports where they have their own lounges) when they check in online. Its also possible to pay for it at the airport, either at the check-in machine/counter or at the lounge reception, for a higher price than the online price.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: EK Gold
First class A lounge was as quiet as a mouse on Thursday when I was there.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:32 am

Mooooooouuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.