Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
Don't they keep the BP's?

You'll likely get charged!
They're in paid J, there's no time limit on staying in the J lounge.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Still struggling to get to grips with EK's decision to go down this particular avenue.

Of all carriers, I never thought I'd see them feel the need to grab a few extra dollars (which is all it will ever equate to, in the bigger scheme of things ....) in this way.

A little bit of the EK image has been tarnished IMHO.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by subject2load
Still struggling to get to grips with EK's decision to go down this particular avenue.

Of all carriers, I never thought I'd see them feel the need to grab a few extra dollars (which is all it will ever equate to, in the bigger scheme of things ....) in this way.

A little bit of the EK image has been tarnished IMHO.
Etihad just announced that they will start allowing passengers J lounge access in AUH and outstations but for about $50-60, which to me is more worthwhile but invites way more people in which may actually lead to the overcrowding that everyone on this thread seems to be in perpetual fear of (without much evidence to date, I might add). EY lounges are not as big as EK lounges and I can definitely see more people taking advantage of this rather than the EK option based on price, which to me was smart move on EK's part. You could easily spend $50 in the terminal at AUH/DXB if you eat a full meal and have a few drinks; why not do it in a lounge with all the extra amenties (excluding the spa) ?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by kq747
Etihad just announced that they will start allowing passengers J lounge access in AUH and outstations but for about $50-60, which to me is more worthwhile but invites way more people in which may actually lead to the overcrowding that everyone on this thread seems to be in perpetual fear of (without much evidence to date, I might add). EY lounges are not as big as EK lounges and I can definitely see more people taking advantage of this rather than the EK option based on price, which to me was smart move on EK's part. You could easily spend $50 in the terminal at AUH/DXB if you eat a full meal and have a few drinks; why not do it in a lounge with all the extra amenties (excluding the spa) ?
+ I think often layovers in AUH due to less schedule varirty
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by m3red
Yes of course.
Free treatment at Spa is only for paid FCL. No ?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
I'll be in Dubai soon. I'm seriously thinking of paying for access to the J and/or F lounges on my way back. I reckon I could get drunk just by breathing the air in the lounges.

I promise I'll wear my best t-shirt, jeans, and flip-flops and I'll shower in the morning.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by kq747
Etihad just announced that they will start allowing passengers J lounge access in AUH and outstations but for about $50-60 . . . .
I knew this had appeared on their website, but hadn't seen a price. Has a figure been released?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Qatar Silver, Emirates Skyward Silver, SPG Gold , IHG Spire Elite
I have been to the EK business class lounge before so I thought i would pop on when I was an economy ticket from LGW through to KUL, i had about 4 hours lay over as I always try to take some time out in a Lounge and I thought I would waste $100 (Ł80 roughly) a person to get in, considering I know what it has to offer which I feel is all good for me.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Free treatment at Spa is only for paid FCL. No ?
No - if we guest people in you can use it - anyone who is in there can use all the facilities
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:19 am

Sorry the "noob" question, but how can we upgrade? We simple go the lounge and buy the entry?
On the site I cant see an option. tried the 3 bookings I already have for this year but on the manage tab I don't see info at all.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Gibs
Sorry the "noob" question, but how can we upgrade? We simple go the lounge and buy the entry?
On the site I cant see an option. tried the 3 bookings I already have for this year but on the manage tab I don't see info at all.
Yeah, just rock up
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:06 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yeah, just rock up
I was under the impression that you need to be a Skywards member (blue, obviously otherwise yo would have free access to the J - and F for Gold / Plat - anyway) to be able to buy access..

And 'Gibs' is a Gold member according to his profile, so he does not need to buy anything (except to get his guests in).
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I was under the impression that you need to be a Skywards member (blue, obviously otherwise yo would have free access to the J - and F for Gold / Plat - anyway) to be able to buy access..

And 'Gibs' is a Gold member according to his profile, so he does not need to buy anything (except to get his guests in).
yea thijsseh its for my mom and stepfather. They are blue.
So they just need to go to F lounge and show the mastercard?

Thanks guys.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Can you pay cash for the lounge entry? If yes what currencies do they take?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Gibs
yea thijsseh its for my mom and stepfather. They are blue.
So they just need to go to F lounge and show the mastercard?

Thanks guys.
Last time I passed through I think the pay station is at the bottom of the escalator before you get anywhere near the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.