Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Counting from 1 October 2016 (13 months), its 33752. The 13 month is crucial as 11875 of those are dated 14/10/16.
That is a bit of a head scratcher, in theory you should then qualify again for Silver on 1 November
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:19 am

I disagree.

Yiur account will be reviewed at the end of October and you won't re-qualify (12 month period) . At the end of November you can use the 13 month period and it will look from 1st November 2016 until 30th November 2017. The miles earned in October 2016 won't count.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:25 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
I disagree.

Yiur account will be reviewed at the end of October and you won't re-qualify (12 month period) . At the end of November you can use the 13 month period and it will look from 1st November 2016 until 30th November 2017. The miles earned in October 2016 won't count.
Interesting then, that with exactly the same flights (I fly CPT/AMS or LGW in J in April and back again in October), I qualify the one year on the '13 month rule' and not the next year.....
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I disagree.

But qualification can be achieved at any point in time based on rolling 13 months. If you qualify through a flight credited on the 14th of November you get the status instantly (well, a few hours for the system to update)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:43 am
Ambassador, Emirates

I would have though that this:

What does rolling tier qualification mean?
Regardless of whether you drop a tier, keep your tier or move up a tier in your review, we don’t wait another year to reassess your Tier Miles balance, but instead we check it every month. That way, we keep giving you the chance to qualify or move up a tier by ‘rolling over’ your tier qualification period. So, at the end of each month we count up your Tier Miles or qualifying flights over the previous 12 months to reassess your status. This rolling assessment gives you 12 opportunities during every year to move up a tier, instead of just one.

could be interpreted that at the end of October they look at October 2016 to October 2017 and see my 33752 miles?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:57 am

Regardless of whether you drop a tier, keep your tier or move up a tier in your review, we don’t wait another year to reassess your Tier Miles balance, but instead we check it every month. That way, we keep giving you the chance to qualify or move up a tier by ‘rolling over’ your tier qualification period. So, at the end of each month we count up your Tier Miles or qualifying flights over the previous 12 months to reassess your status. This rolling assessment gives you 12 opportunities during every year to move up a tier, instead of just one.

could be interpreted that at the end of October they look at October 2016 to October 2017 and see my 33752 miles?

previous 12 months would indicate Nov - Oct
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:04 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Or they look now, at the end of September and see Oct 16 - Sep 17. I'll be ok then. After all they say 'we don’t wait another year to reassess your Tier Miles balance'
(clasping at straws here)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
But qualification can be achieved at any point in time based on rolling 13 months. If you qualify through a flight credited on the 14th of November you get the status instantly (well, a few hours for the system to update)
I don't think they count flights in October of last year when you fly in November this year.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Hello - new to this forum I've got just under 6,000 orphaned miles in my UK-based Skywards account and was hoping to clear them out with a Heathrow Rewards voucher. How can I top the account off with the 541 miles I'm short of? Is there any retail partner that would earn transaction miles? Buying a minimum 2,000 miles would cost far more than the face value of a Heathrow Rewards voucher!

Alternatively, is there another redemption option for a UK-based account? I don't see one.

Thank you
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Hello - new to this forum I've got just under 6,000 orphaned miles in my UK-based Skywards account and was hoping to clear them out with a Heathrow Rewards voucher. How can I top the account off with the 541 miles I'm short of? Is there any retail partner that would earn transaction miles? Buying a minimum 2,000 miles would cost far more than the face value of a Heathrow Rewards voucher!

Alternatively, is there another redemption option for a UK-based account? I don't see one.

Thank you
You can earn miles through hotel partners or car rentals (car rentals often earn a flat 500 miles (sometimes per day), you can also transfer from SPG and Mariott (better value to transfer Mariott > SPG > Skywards), or transfer Amex MR in certain countries (incl UK).

Or spend the night somewhere for a weekend getaway with Rocket Miles, currently you earn 3000 bonus miles (until end of this month) as it's a new EK partnership, see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...earn-burn.html
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson

Thank you
Just posted this, though I think you can't end up with less than 2k extra miles this way:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post28859923
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Thank you. I see Europcar offers 600 miles to Blue members, which is perfect.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
I obtained silver status in August . Do Skywards send out silver welcome packs?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by jasensteve
I obtained silver status in August . Do Skywards send out silver welcome packs?
Yes, but it's just a welcome letter, your membership card and luggage tag. At least that's when I got silver 2.5 or 3 years ago, pretty sure it's still the same. It'll be a nice cardboard envelope.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Thanks skywardhunter for the quick reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.