Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flame3601
Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:

Flight loads >7 days out are not very useful, as the airline could still sell many seats, unless availability of a specific fare bucket (e.g. Business Saver upgrade) is requested. If you wish to know the general flight load please don't post >7 days before departure.

When requesting a load please provide the following information:

- Date of flight (departure date)
- Flight Number
- Origin
- Destination

These four fields are mandatory in searching on ExpertFlyer (see screenshot below) and it isn't fair to except those who pay for their subscriptions to also have to go look up which cities a specific flight number is from and to (also some flight numbers are onward flights (5th freedom routes, e.g. CMB-MLE) and loads will differ significantly depending on which sector of the flight is checked.

Print Wikipost

Flight Load Check request

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
It seems space available isn't available when it suits.
I'm 2 for 2 on my space available upgrade requests at DXB Business lounge, usually 3+ hours pre departure. No upgrade available on the flight when checking beforehand, but a determined staff member kept phoning people until she got a seat released on this morning's DXB to LGW. F went out about 8/14 - and I got a great night's sleep and some Dom!.

My other success was last September DXB to JFK - had been trying for an award seat in F for ages, got one at the lounge, and I'm pretty sure F went out full that flight.

Now, back to the real world and waiting in Gatwick for an Easyjet to Belfast
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Stephenk82
I'm 2 for 2 on my space available upgrade requests at DXB Business lounge, usually 3+ hours pre departure. No upgrade available on the flight when checking beforehand, but a determined staff member kept phoning people until she got a seat released on this morning's DXB to LGW. F went out about 8/14 - and I got a great night's sleep and some Dom!.

My other success was last September DXB to JFK - had been trying for an award seat in F for ages, got one at the lounge, and I'm pretty sure F went out full that flight.

Now, back to the real world and waiting in Gatwick for an Easyjet to Belfast
Yeah so they are making people wait until the last minute to confirm even though your flight went 8/14...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:20 pm

Flight Loading

Hello everyone, I am flying from PER-LHR via DXB on Saturday and was wondering if anyone on here has access to check the loading on the flights as my wife and I were hoping to bag an empty seat between us. Were both only Skywards Blue and flying in Y as were not lucky enough to fly J.

EK425 then EK5

Thanks if anyone can help.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
You can check yourself:

www.expertflyer.com
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by aceboy44
You can check yourself:

www.expertflyer.com
Good to know that is a thing but isn't that just what I see on the Emirates seat selection screen anyway? I was hoping for an idea on how full the flight is actually going to be.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:45 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by ItzEddie
Hello everyone, I am flying from PER-LHR via DXB on Saturday and was wondering if anyone on here has access to check the loading on the flights as my wife and I were hoping to bag an empty seat between us. Were both only Skywards Blue and flying in Y as were not lucky enough to fly J.

EK425 then EK5

Thanks if anyone can help.
Hi ItzEddie

Welcome to the EK forum where you will find a wealth of information on flying Emirates. Please make yourself at home and enjoy the experience.

We already have a thread going about flight loads so I will ask the Mods to merge this thread. As Aceboy44 points out, you can check on Expertflyer yourself with a free subscription but this only shows what seats have been selected at the point of checking and does not indicate the actual loads. This is only definitive at a certain point before the flight which I think was posted as between 48-72hours. There are paid subscriptions, which again will only show what seats the airline is willing to sell and does not give a definitive answer.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
This will be moved, but as I have the info up for you, I can post it here. Remember this doesn't show the load (only Emirates staff have access to this - and you will not get it unless you know someone). What this shows is what prices / seats Emirates would be prepared to sell you if you lived in the UK! But it gives you a good general feel.

PER DXB
21/0540 1240 EK 425
F4 A4 J7 C7 I0 OC P7 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H9 QC LC TC VC GC XC

DXB LHR
21/1605 2000 EK 5
F4 A4 J7 C7 I0 OC PC Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H9 QC LC TC VC GC XC

What this tells me is that the flights are busy, but not overly packed in Y & J, and impossible to read in F but somewhere between empty to middling!

I will also add that Emirates are the only airline i've been on that has shown something similar on the day of departure for me, and then subsequently been oversold by 40 people at check-in. They manage their loads very well!

Y Seats available for pre-booking: PER-DXB = 233, DXB-LHR = 150

I think you've a great chance of getting a row of 3 for 2 of you on PER-DXB and less so on DXB-LHR.

Happy flying, and do report back
Old May 20, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
Can somebody check the flight load for me?

Hi guys!

Traveling today from nice to Dubai (may 20th) EK 078. 2 passengers traveling on economy. Both Gold status. What's the chances of us getting OP-UPed? Can one of you check the flight load for me??? Thanks a bunch!!!

Thomas
Old May 20, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by thomasincharge5
Hi guys!

Traveling today from nice to Dubai (may 20th) EK 078. 2 passengers traveling on economy. Both Gold status. What's the chances of us getting OP-UPed? Can one of you check the flight load for me??? Thanks a bunch!!!

Thomas
Can't tell you the load but many Y seats still for sale in most fare buckets except deep discount. J has 4 seats for sale and F 2. I wouldn't count on an op-up, I'd also imagine NCE to be premium-heavy.

Lastly you don't mention your ticket fare type (Flex Plus, Flex etc), as this is the first criteria by which pax are ranked before status is considered.
Old May 20, 2017, 3:33 am

Hey!

Hey skywards hunter!

thanks for the reply! We are on flex plus. I think our connection to cok Sunday early morning (21st) is over sold though. EK 530.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:39 am

Hey skywards hunter!

thanks for the reply! We are on flex plus. I think our connection to cok Sunday early morning (21st) is over sold though. EK 530.
Yes it looks that way. All Y classes zeroed out with J and F available.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:34 am

Just checked in from nice. This flight is empty in economy. However, The manager on ground shared info that dxb-cok flight is oversold by 35 in economy. We are 5th on priority list for upgrade. Business only 20 paid PAX & Only 8 Gold's in economy. Loads of lucky economy peeps will have a happy flight!
Old May 20, 2017, 8:49 am

Just checked in from nice. This flight is empty in economy. However, The manager on ground shared info that dxb-cok flight is oversold by 35 in economy. We are 5th on priority list for upgrade. Business only 20 paid PAX & Only 8 Gold's in economy. Loads of lucky economy peeps will have a happy flight!
How do you know you are 5th?

It doesn't matter about golds it's all about who is on flex or flex plus tickets
Old May 20, 2017, 8:50 am

Most India flights have tons of op-ups with few status pax
Old May 20, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Blue | British Airways Blue Executive Club
Also for me !!!! I'm traveling from Bologna (BLQ) to Dubai (DXB) on EK94 on 30 May 2017 in Economy (Y) how is the load on this flight ???

And is there any website where you check all this type of info ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.