Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flame3601
Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:

Flight loads >7 days out are not very useful, as the airline could still sell many seats, unless availability of a specific fare bucket (e.g. Business Saver upgrade) is requested. If you wish to know the general flight load please don't post >7 days before departure.

When requesting a load please provide the following information:

- Date of flight (departure date)
- Flight Number
- Origin
- Destination

These four fields are mandatory in searching on ExpertFlyer (see screenshot below) and it isn't fair to except those who pay for their subscriptions to also have to go look up which cities a specific flight number is from and to (also some flight numbers are onward flights (5th freedom routes, e.g. CMB-MLE) and loads will differ significantly depending on which sector of the flight is checked.

Print Wikipost

Flight Load Check request

Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
class capacity booked
Y 310 334
J 42 20
F 8 0

5 staff listed in Y
Ow. Ow. Ow.

Assuming I'm the absolute last on the standby list, everyone turns up, and they Op-up everyone to fill the aircraft and maximise revenue, I will get the last seat.

But I'm not sure they do this.

Assuming 2-4 people will no show, my chances increase slightly. On the assumption EY Op-ups everyone.

Anyone want to place a bet?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by j_r_m
Ow. Ow. Ow.

Assuming I'm the absolute last on the standby list, everyone turns up, and they Op-up everyone to fill the aircraft and maximise revenue, I will get the last seat.

Assuming 2-4 people will no show, my chances increase slightly. On the assumption EY Op-ups everyone.

? We're talking about EK.

5 staff listed, not 5 staff on standby. I think that's confirmed staff travel. There aren't any staff on standby at the moment. However IME EK does op-up to the last seat to accommodate revenue pax. I don't know if they would op-up an extra J-F and Y-J to accommodate a non-rev standby.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:52 am

? We're talking about EK.

5 staff listed, not 5 staff on standby. I think that's confirmed staff travel. There aren't any staff on standby at the moment. However IME EK does op-up to the last seat to accommodate revenue pax. I don't know if they would op-up an extra J-F and Y-J to accommodate a non-rev standby.
Been a while since I worked for the GHA in MEL, but back then we would not upgrade rev pax Y-J just to onload subload non-rev pax. QR does this (from experience), but that was policy at EK ca. 2011 - things could have changed though!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
Been a while since I worked for the GHA in MEL, but back then we would not upgrade rev pax Y-J just to onload subload non-rev pax. QR does this (from experience), but that was policy at EK ca. 2011 - things could have changed though!
Given current load if there are no no-shows there would be some J-F op-ups as well to accommodate just the revenue pax in Y, so they'd need to double-op-up (Y-J and separately J-F) to accommodate a non-rev, which seems unlikely to me.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi Folks

Grateful if someone could help out. Departing PEK a bit earlier than originally planned. Tickets changed from Y Saver to Y Flex and have managed to bag an upgrade PEK-DXB. No availability at present for the DXB-GLA flight. Seatmap on Expertflyer (I know, I know) shows quite a few unassigned seats.

Grateful if someone could check loads for EK027 DXB-GLA 04/01/17.

On a side note. Miles upgrade PEK-GLA from Y Flex - 68,250 miles. PEK-DXB - 50,700. DXB-GLA - 39,000. Obviously will be checking very regularly to see if the upgrade becomes available and can then get the whole journey for the lower mileage.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hi Folks

Grateful if someone could help out. Departing PEK a bit earlier than originally planned. Tickets changed from Y Saver to Y Flex and have managed to bag an upgrade PEK-DXB. No availability at present for the DXB-GLA flight. Seatmap on Expertflyer (I know, I know) shows quite a few unassigned seats.

Grateful if someone could check loads for EK027 DXB-GLA 04/01/17.

On a side note. Miles upgrade PEK-GLA from Y Flex - 68,250 miles. PEK-DXB - 50,700. DXB-GLA - 39,000. Obviously will be checking very regularly to see if the upgrade becomes available and can then get the whole journey for the lower mileage.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Loads only available <72hrs prior to departure. I'd help out but I get my loads from a relative and try not to bother too often
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Loads only available <72hrs prior to departure. I'd help out but I get my loads from a relative and try not to bother too often
No worries skywardhunter. Signed up for sms alert. Again, Expertflyer also shows a (so far) empty F cabin. Fingers crossed.

S
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:10 pm

No worries skywardhunter. Signed up for sms alert. Again, Expertflyer also shows a (so far) empty F cabin. Fingers crossed.

S
While Y seat maps are pretty inaccurate I find J and F seat maps to be at least somewhat helpful in guessing loads. If there are several open J seats for example (e.g. >5) but J0 and Y0 to me this usually indicates oversell in Y, but of course it's more of an educated guess as there could be lots of stuff happening in the background that you can't see
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Emirates

While Y seat maps are pretty inaccurate I find J and F seat maps to be at least somewhat helpful in guessing loads. If there are several open J seats for example (e.g. >5) but J0 and Y0 to me this usually indicates oversell in Y, but of course it's more of an educated guess as there could be lots of stuff happening in the background that you can't see
I counted 22 unassigned seats including blocked/bassinet seats and zero seats unassigned in F.

Fingers crossed and strangely enough, when I done a dummy booking on Thursday night, said Y was sold out for those flights so I don't know if the Gold guaranteed seat was used by my company. I would like to spend the miles so that I can get baggage confirmed & CD for my arrival but I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth if I got a beep at boarding

S
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:36 pm

I counted 22 unassigned seats including blocked/bassinet seats and zero seats unassigned in F.

Fingers crossed and strangely enough, when I done a dummy booking on Thursday night, said Y was sold out for those flights so I don't know if the Gold guaranteed seat was used by my company. I would like to spend the miles so that I can get baggage confirmed & CD for my arrival but I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth if I got a beep at boarding

S
gold guarantee would be Flex Plus (full fare Y class), basically you could book J on most routes for the same price
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Emirates

gold guarantee would be Flex Plus (full fare Y class), basically you could book J on most routes for the same price
Well it wasn't that then . So how come on a dummy booking done less than 24 hours previously for the same flights showed as all sold out? I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway

S
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:47 pm

Well it wasn't that then . So how come on a dummy booking done less than 24 hours previously for the same flights showed as all sold out? I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway

S
A lot can happen in 24 hours. Also if you changed it via phone perhaps they could force it through.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Emirates

A lot can happen in 24 hours. Also if you changed it via phone perhaps they could force it through.
So do you think there could be the slightest chance of an upgrade one way or the other? Can't see a GLA flight being full of Y Flex Plus pax

S
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:19 pm

So do you think there could be the slightest chance of an upgrade one way or the other? Can't see a GLA flight being full of Y Flex Plus pax

S
Upgrade pre-check-in is impossible to tell, even if J is open. At check-in on space-available basis always an option
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by j_r_m
Ow. Ow. Ow.

It is unlikely they will op-up just to put non-revs on, but it has sometimes happened (only with direct ASO+ approval though).

However, EK also sometimes offload non-revs even with available seats in order to accept other payload so even if there are seats there may not be space, unfortunately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.