Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: NZ Silver
My wife doesn't eat seafood and I see it is an appetiser on our upcoming J flight...will they have an alternative on board?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:31 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by brenrox
My wife doesn't eat seafood and I see it is an appetiser on our upcoming J flight...will they have an alternative on board?
Is this a flight to/via MEL, BNE or SYD? I think for J it is only what's on the menu. The possible way of getting around this is by ordering a special meal in advance.

S
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by VAAGE
Hi! Which type of liqours and brands are available in Y? They don't provide a menu, and I can't ask the staff to list up everything either. I know that the gin is Beefeater, and when I asked for something sweet they had cointreau orange liqueur, but what else do they have?
JW Red Label, Hennessy, Campari, Martini Rosso, sometimes mini Bombay Sapphire, Bailey's
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:00 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
I just looked at current menus for EK407 AKL-MEL.

Appetisers:
Business has seafood duo.
Economy has Beef Pastrami.
First has Cajun Lamb and Seafood Trio.

There is no harm in asking the crew about alternatives from another class.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I just looked at current menus for EK407 AKL-MEL.

Appetisers:
Business has seafood duo.
Economy has Beef Pastrami.
First has Cajun Lamb and Seafood Trio.

There is no harm in asking the crew about alternatives from another class.
Aren't there normally options for appetizers? What's happened to the Arabic Mezze?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Aren't there normally options for appetizers? What's happened to the Arabic Mezze?

It's a 4 hour flight, so it's a bit different, I imagine. Although MEL-DXB flight (also EK407) seems to offer Pumpkin soup, smoked ocean trout or Vietnamese chicken salad as an appetizer for dinner. No mezze.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA 1MM. Former UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
I've flown DXB-SEA on the 777-200LR in F (thanks, AS MP!). Now it looks like I might be flying SEA-DXB-SEA on the 777-300LR in J, about two months from now. What can I expect? Will I have the new J seat? Will it lie flat? How are the J lounges at DXB?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by seaflyguy
I've flown DXB-SEA on the 777-200LR in F (thanks, AS MP!). Now it looks like I might be flying SEA-DXB-SEA on the 777-300LR in J, about two months from now. What can I expect? Will I have the new J seat? Will it lie flat? How are the J lounges at DXB?
Chances are it's a 777-300ER, not LR. Chances are also they will be the old seats, but you never know. DXB Lounges are enormous. Some like them (I do) others find them sterile and too big.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by seaflyguy
There is a small chance of getting the new J seat. The new frames have operated the SEA route a few times in the last month including today but not nearly as frequently as DFW and IAH. ORD also seems to get a new frame every now and then. I'm hoping I'll get one on my flight from BOS in a couple weeks but we haven't seen the new J even once since it debuted so not very high hopes. The J lounges in DXB are fine for a short wait. They can get crowded during peak transfer times but there are some good secluded spots and chaises that I frequent or the champagne lounge in B concourse. A concourse is the nicest and newest of course and offers direct boarding. B was recently renovated and I have yet to visit C but it is much smaller and still in the old motif I believe. Pretty much same food and drink except that B has the costa and moet lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Isn't travel insurance for covering medical issues that stop you trip?
There was no travel insurance.. However even though the agent was unhelpful, was able to get in touch with with a emirates employee who escalated the issue with management. They were hesitant, but issued a full refund once the child's condition was verified.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:38 am

Hello,

I'm looking for an airline to fly to Birmingham, UK from Manila and Emirates is one of my choices. Do I need a visa to transit Dubai? I will not be leaving the airport during that time. I have a Philippine passport with UK visa.

Their website is not clear on this unlike Qatar Airways: https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...iting-in-Doha-

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is short-checking a bag permitted on EK? I'll be a J traveler going YYZ-DXB-HYD with a 21 hour connection in DXB. (A single roundtrip YYZ-HYD PNR.)

I know on some airlines it's not allowed at all...and frankly I can live without it...but just wondering if it's an option. (I'd be taking the bag through customs and into Dubai for the night.)

Or...is there any strong reason to *not* short-check? I'm not aware of anything in the checked bag that would be prohibited in the UAE. No medicine, weapons, etc.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
Is short-checking a bag permitted on EK? I'll be a J traveler going YYZ-DXB-HYD with a 21 hour connection in DXB. (A single roundtrip YYZ-HYD PNR.)

I know on some airlines it's not allowed at all...and frankly I can live without it...but just wondering if it's an option. (I'd be taking the bag through customs and into Dubai for the night.)

Or...is there any strong reason to *not* short-check? I'm not aware of anything in the checked bag that would be prohibited in the UAE. No medicine, weapons, etc.
With that kind of layover it shouldn't be a problem, also considering you have the inbound of the PNR to fly so it'd be very unlikely that you're skipping a leg as part of a hidden city trick.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: EK, QF, AF/KL, BA, SPG
Is anyone aware of a thread containing all of the 77W aircraft equipped with the new business class seats?

Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by lucafrost
Is anyone aware of a thread containing all of the 77W aircraft equipped with the new business class seats?

Thanks!
Not sure if the fleet thread has been updated but the 77W with the new J are A6-EPX-Z and A6-EQA-D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.