Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by missal
Thanks for your reply.

It's more than 8hrs (8h15min).

There's a later flight from CDG but this would only give 1h10 connection time which is why the option doesn't appear on the website when trying to make a new reservation I guess?

Also when searching for DXB-MCT flights on the emirates website, there's an Oman air one departing slightly earlier, but this wouldn't change the problem by much (would probably make it worse), and we would rather fly Emirates (and stay in the same terminal at dxb).

I guess the best solution would be to try and get a hotel from them then?
Yes you would be eligible for Dubai Connect If it's over 8hrs which includes visa, transfer and hotel accommodation. Call them and confirm this.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Skywards, FlyingBlue
I shall do that. I have doubts though due to the fare condition (tickets are saver), but we'll see what they say.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by missal
I shall do that. I have doubts though due to the fare condition (tickets are saver), but we'll see what they say.
Irrelevant. You've got an involuntary transit over 8hrs with no option of a shorter connection within the MCT and therefore qualify for Dubai Connect.

As an aside, the 1h10m connection is possible if the flights are on time if you want to ask the call center about that.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Irrelevant. You've got an involuntary transit over 8hrs with no option of a shorter connection within the MCT and therefore qualify for Dubai Connect.
Not necessarily true. There is also minimum fare criteria from Europe of US $1,200.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Not necessarily true. There is also minimum fare criteria from Europe of US $1,200.
True, but given the OP booked a shorter layover I think EK may be swayed but you have a good point.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I've booked Dubai Connect for a flight from VCE and the ticket was just under $900 roundtrip so I don't know if this is a hard and fast rule.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Skywards, FlyingBlue
Just to update, I called them. At first they told me I wasn't eligible (as per computer, because saver fare) and offered alternative flight solutions (unsuitable), but then they called me back and were able to book Dubai connect. Spoke to a very nice and understanding customer rep. Thanks for your help flyer talk forum , and Emirates customer service too
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by kq747
I've booked Dubai Connect for a flight from VCE and the ticket was just under $900 roundtrip so I don't know if this is a hard and fast rule.
The values changed a while back. It used to be one set $ value, now it's different for different departure zones.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
The values changed a while back. It used to be one set $ value, now it's different for different departure zones.
Do you happen to know when this change happened? And what the values are?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:43 am

Do you happen to know when this change happened? And what the va​​​​​​lues are?
https://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/dubai-connect/terms-and-conditions.aspx?pub=/english&lang=en_XX&pageurl=https//www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/dubai-connect/terms-and-conditions.aspx&h=22c3f22be941ec64cc6ffff67a39236c d5d236b&s=boolSignOn false&stop_mobi=yes

It seems to vary by route and not have a published chart based on the wording here.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:09 am

Do you happen to know when this change happened? And what the values are?
This was posted on 27th May 2015 giving the figures I referred to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24874502-post448.html

Prior to that I recall a uniform US $1,000 being mentioned, but no idea when any change was made, or how reliable the original information was.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:51 am

This was posted on 27th May 2015 giving the figures I referred to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24874502-post448.html

Prior to that I recall a uniform US $1,000 being mentioned, but no idea when any change was made, or how reliable the original information was.
I know it used to be 900 or so ex South Africa
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:55 pm

Hi
Is the J class chauffeur pickup service available for all legs on the flight?
Im thinking SIN-LHR-DXB-SIN (stopover in DXB)
So will they pick me up in SIN, to/from LHR, to/from DXB and from SIN?

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Hi
Is the J class chauffeur pickup service available for all legs on the flight?
Im thinking SIN-LHR-DXB-SIN (stopover in DXB)
So will they pick me up in SIN, to/from LHR, to/from DXB and from SIN?

Thanks!
Yes - you should get the chauffeur at each stage. You may have to phone to confirm the DXB car, as there have been a couple of recent reports saying that it's not been possible to book online.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
I'm going to travel with my wife.
I have some miles and my wife also (but less)
Can we book ticket for us using miles?
But: some miles (e.g. 75% of the total miles required) would be from my account, and some miles (e.g. 25% of total miles required) would be from my wife's account?

(or the only option is to transfer miles between account - which is very expensive way to use them....)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.