Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:19 am
twr

Does anyone know how often Emirates will do a major airfare sale, I see Qatar has their festival celebration on? im needing to book for June
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by twr
Does anyone know how often Emirates will do a major airfare sale, I see Qatar has their festival celebration on? im needing to book for June
There is a global sale on right now if ExUK
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by chris19992
Great...prices on a route I was monitoring just went up 3% and Special is sold out (not that I would've bought Special anyway given the 2% extra for Saver and 10% extra for Flex)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by chris19992
With zero effect on prices on the routes I've been looking at.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:21 am
twr

thanks but its Ex JNB or DUR
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Hopefully not a silly question, does anyone know why there is no Chauffeur Drive from DPS?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by twr
thanks but its Ex JNB or DUR
The South African site is also advertising the Global Sale (not all regions are despite the world "Global" in the title).
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: EK Gold
Hi,

If you upgrade a J saver to an F saver with miles, do you get first class lounge access in Dubai?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by RichL
Hi,

If you upgrade a J saver to an F saver with miles, do you get first class lounge access in Dubai?
Yes if it's ex DXB
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Yeah it is, thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:55 am
ofw

Hello everyone, I have my first flight on Emirates next week but I am a bit worried about delays.
My flight leaves Heathrow at 13:40 and supposed to arrive by 00:40 when I have a 2 hour connection before my next flight to Clark and I am worried that I may not make my flight to Clark and what would happen if that were to be the case?
There is only one flight per day to Clark so if I miss it then I have to wait until the next day but I am not sure what Emirates will do in that situation as I am not sure I can safely attempt to leave the airport with my medication, it specifically states no psychotropic medications without prior approval on the Dubai airport website.

Would it be worth asking Emirates about this before I go and possibly attempt to get approval even though there is only a very small chance of this happening?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ofw
Hello everyone, I have my first flight on Emirates next week but I am a bit worried about delays.
My flight leaves Heathrow at 13:40 and supposed to arrive by 00:40 when I have a 2 hour connection before my next flight to Clark and I am worried that I may not make my flight to Clark and what would happen if that were to be the case?
There is only one flight per day to Clark so if I miss it then I have to wait until the next day but I am not sure what Emirates will do in that situation as I am not sure I can safely attempt to leave the airport with my medication, it specifically states no psychotropic medications without prior approval on the Dubai airport website.

Would it be worth asking Emirates about this before I go and possibly attempt to get approval even though there is only a very small chance of this happening?

1. 2h is a solid connection and chances are you'll make it.
2. Emirates would put you up in a hotel incl visa.
3. Forbidden substances would not be allowed passed customs. Up to you how desperately you need them.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by ofw

Have you checked the banned substances list to ensure that your medicines are not on the absolutely prohibited list: http://www.uae-embassy.org/sites/def...20to%20UAE.pdf

Otherwise if you have the proper paperwork, i.e. prescription, then it should be ok: http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/drugs.pdf
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:02 pm

Super Newbie

disregard.

Last edited by CobaltBlue; Jan 14, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Tried to search for this but no avail.
Does anyone know if the USB ports provide enough power to charge a phone?

Had hit and miss success on other airline's 777's USB ports for charging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.