Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Well, right now i have 1A on my OSL-DXB leg in a 77W and 2K on DXB-SIN in a a380, so getting to try both planes and seats.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:29 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by babybleur
Well, right now i have 1A on my OSL-DXB leg in a 77W and 2K on DXB-SIN in a a380, so getting to try both planes and seats.
I wouldn't disagree with those choices having tried them both.

S
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
2K is commonly quoted as the best seat in F.
Agreed if talking about the 388. babybleur's question was about the 77W.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Agreed if talking about the 388
Agreed.

Originally Posted by ft101
babybleur's question was about the 77W.
Missed that.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
My first class flight CAI-DXB-HND not qualified for Dubai Connect

that sucks reason is either take NRT or later flight from CAI!
talk to CS and Social Media team same answers
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by alpenrock
that sucks reason is either take NRT or later flight from CAI!
talk to CS and Social Media team same answers
Your question?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
Why I am not getting Dubai connect?

Your question?
with my A class ticket?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by alpenrock
with my A class ticket?
?? Dubai Connect isn't automatically included when buying a First Class fare. Only if there was no shorter connection available and your connection exceeds 6 hours (in J or F, 8 hours in Y). Sounds like EK already told you that.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Miles upgrade question

If I book an economy flex ticket online CGK-DXB-LHR, and the second leg (DXB-LHR) is operated by Qantas, will I still get the chance to upgrade the whole trip to business using miles, even though the first part is operated by Emirates and the second part by Qantas? Or should I book an option where the whole route is operated by Emirates (even though the ticket price for that one is a bit higher)?

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by john11111111111
Miles upgrade question

If I book an economy flex ticket online CGK-DXB-LHR, and the second leg (DXB-LHR) is operated by Qantas, will I still get the chance to upgrade the whole trip to business using miles, even though the first part is operated by Emirates and the second part by Qantas? Or should I book an option where the whole route is operated by Emirates (even though the ticket price for that one is a bit higher)?

Thanks
Unfortunately only the EK part - you can't use Skywards miles to upgrade QF sectors.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Unfortunately only the EK part - you can't use Skywards miles to upgrade QF sectors.
Thanks for your answer - glad I checked!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Smile

Agreed.

Missed that.
shall stick to what i have at the moment. Thanks!!

and i really must say, having read through all the threads in the dashboard, its a really useful resource

cheers!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:10 am

When I booked they said to upgrade the whole trip (both legs) would be 68,250 miles. Now they are saying only one leg is available for upgrade and it would cost 55,000 miles !! A bit sneaky of them. Could the second leg become available at OLCI, and would they then respect the 68,250 total for both legs?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by john11111111111
When I booked they said to upgrade the whole trip (both legs) would be 68,250 miles. Now they are saying only one leg is available for upgrade and it would cost 55,000 miles !! A bit sneaky of them. Could the second leg become available at OLCI, and would they then respect the 68,250 total for both legs?
Who told you? Did they tell you both legs were available for upgrade? You can check mileage requirements yourself using the miles calculator: https://www.emirates.com/account/in/...alculator.aspx

At check-in upgrades are available subject to there being open seats, no longer based on the upgrade fare bucket availability. If you are flying AAA-DXB-BBB to upgrade both legs at a time has a reduced cost vs AAA-DXB + DXB-BBB separately, which is why you see the one leg being 55k on its own. If the 2nd leg becomes available (and you can set an alert in manage my booking for this) you can call EK and advise you have upgraded one leg and would now like to upgrade the 2nd for the combined cost and they can process this for you (so you pay 68k total).
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:22 pm

I mean it was stated during the booking process (subject to availability of course).

Anyway, I will wait until T-48 and hope both legs open up, and if not, just book the one available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.