First time in J- few questions

Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
First time in J- few questions

Hi guys,

Hoping to gain some insights from the FFF on this forum!
I'm traveling on EK032 from LHR -DXB leaving at 17:00
As it's a night flight, will I be receiving the amenity kit?
Will the bar be fully setup?

As most people will be wanting to maximise on sleep, is it fine to put on pyjamas early on in the flight or do people tend to not wear one as it's only 5hr something of a ride.

Do you receive pyjamas on this overnight flight?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by dood125
Hi guys,

As most people will be wanting to maximise on sleep, is it fine to put on pyjamas early on in the flight or do people tend to not wear one as it's only 5hr something of a ride.

Thanks in advance!
Amenity Kit - Yes
Fully catered bar - Yes
PJs - No. These are only given to F pax
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
You don't get PJs in J.

The bar will be fully open about 1 hour after take off (maybe sooner) and the flight is about 6 hours 30.

I doubt people will sleep much on that flight given the take off time and arrival in Dubai although in the early hours will only be around 12.30am/1am (4am DXB time).
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. In terms pyjama etiquette is there one on these kind of flights?
I'm use to the BAEC board where there is a whole thread on this a while back- some amusing anecdotes!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:11 am

Thanks guys. In terms pyjama etiquette is there one on these kind of flights?
I'm use to the BAEC board where there is a whole thread on this a while back- some amusing anecdotes!
No just change into whatever is comfortable just don't wear them at the bar.

On a flight in sept from lgw some clown in f went to the bar in the F pjs straight after take off.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red

On a flight in sept from lgw some clown in f went to the bar in the F pjs straight after take off.
U forgot the wet hair bit. Straight from the shower. ;-)
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Ha ha thanks guys! Well if I ever do travel in F and shower, ill make sure to dry my hair!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Yeah, PJ's at the bar is about as naff as you can get. And the real irony is that the (fortunately, very few) people who do it actually think it's cool......

I suppose it is - at least, to anyone who believes it's cool to go from your room down to the bar in a five star hotel kitted out in pyjamas.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS, Emirates iO (Invitation Only)
LOL you guys are funny. If I'm in my pajamas already I'm not going to change back into my normal clothes to walk back to the bar. We're on a plane, not a bar or night club on the ground. I don't spend more then 10-15 minutes at the bar though, I just walk back there when I get bored.
But the wet hair part, yea thats a bit much. I always make sure my hair is nice and combed no matter what I'm wearing.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I always change into my EK,BA,Gulf or Thai F PJ's (whatever I have packed) when ever I fly in J on day and night flights. I normally change before take-off.
I do it , not to look cool (I look a prat) but for comfort and to ensure my travelling clothes are clean and fresh-the pj's having taken the spillage from the fizz and food

SS
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
I always change into my EK,BA,Gulf or Thai F PJ's (whatever I have packed) when ever I fly in J on day and night flights. I normally change before take-off.
I do it , not to look cool (I look a prat) but for comfort and to ensure my travelling clothes are clean and fresh-the pj's having taken the spillage from the fizz and food

SS
Couldn't agree with you more. It's not a question of status but one of comfort regardless of the class of travel. And yes, when I am in first on Emirates and want to stretch my legs I will walk to to bar in my comfortable pjs, what's the point of changing? Regardless of class of travel, will change into some 'comfort clothes' as soon as I can.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:32 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Suppose Onesies would be out of the question??

S
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:36 pm

I'm sorry but your seat is private - do what you like there but the bar is more akin to a public place albeit on a plane. I just think at your seat is fare game, at the bar you should be dressed.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:48 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador

If you're in F (as a fully paid pax - if those exist), then I'd want to wear my PJs anywhere.

Curiously, was recently on EK412 in J. A few of us were at the bar, turns out one of the F passengers was a regional director with a large retail company. She was an I/O and had the crew breaking all kinds of protocol, pouring us J plebs Dom. Mind you, she said she had been through DXB 34 times YTD (this was in August), so I'd expect to do whatever I want too.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
If you're in F (as a fully paid pax - if those exist), then I'd want to wear my PJs anywhere.

Curiously, was recently on EK412 in J. A few of us were at the bar, turns out one of the F passengers was a regional director with a large retail company. She was an I/O and had the crew breaking all kinds of protocol, pouring us J plebs Dom. Mind you, she said she had been through DXB 34 times YTD (this was in August), so I'd expect to do whatever I want too.
F exists a lot. Most of our flights this year have been paid F and many people in DXB and elsewhere have F policies.

Sharing Dom with friends in J is pretty standard, only on occasion to some pursers get funny about it. We flew to HKG in F our friends in J and we all shared some Dom at the bar.

The point was about wearing Pjs at the bar. Each to their own but when I see this I just think its ridiculous. One time I did see a couple at the F chauffeur drive still in their PJs!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.