Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates screwed my birthday party

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates screwed my birthday party

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Unhappy Emirates screwed my birthday party

I decided to exclusively fly on my birthday to celebrate it onboard Emirates since not only they are rated as the airline of the year 2016 (http://www.airlinequality.com/news/2...rds-announced/) but also since I read many stories of how the experience was positive while celebrating birthdays on Emirates:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ad-speechless/

And

Emirates, which used to be my favorite airline has awfully failed to celebrate my birthday in a proper way. I decided to upgrade my flight to J-class from Seoul – Kuwait, and since the flight departs at 23:55 (with was 5 minutes short on my birthday) they should have celebrated my birthday on that flight but No, no, and no! They said that I could only get the cake for the flight from Dubai – Kuwait.

I landed in Dubai and on the way back to Kuwait I was astonished by the cake I received from the crew Instead of singing happy b-day to me and giving me a proper 8 slices cake this is what I received from Emirates on my birthday in J-Class!

Is this a joke Emirates? Is this how you treat your loyal frequent flyer passengers? Other passengers get their birthday celebrated in a proper way but for me I only get 1 piece of the cake! I think I will move my money to other airlines, especially when Emirates is not appreciating me as a frequent and loyal passenger.

Bye bye Emirates. I know you will miss my money but you did not compensate me like the R-C so nothing can be done really. Hello Qatar Airways.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by aceboy44
I decided to exclusively fly on my birthday to celebrate it onboard Emirates since not only they are rated as the airline of the year 2016 (http://www.airlinequality.com/news/2...rds-announced/) but also since I read many stories of how the experience was positive while celebrating birthdays on Emirates:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ad-speechless/

And

Emirates First Class Suite A380 Birthday Party, Dubai to Bangkok EK372 - YouTube

Emirates, which used to be my favorite airline has awfully failed to celebrate my birthday in a proper way. I decided to upgrade my flight to J-class from Seoul – Kuwait, and since the flight departs at 23:55 (with was 5 minutes short on my birthday) they should have celebrated my birthday on that flight but No, no, and no! They said that I could only get the cake for the flight from Dubai – Kuwait.

I landed in Dubai and on the way back to Kuwait I was astonished by the cake I received from the crew Instead of singing happy b-day to me and giving me a proper 8 slices cake this is what I received from Emirates on my birthday in J-Class!

Is this a joke Emirates? Is this how you treat your loyal frequent flyer passengers? Other passengers get their birthday celebrated in a proper way but for me I only get 1 piece of the cake! I think I will move my money to other airlines, especially when Emirates is not appreciating me as a frequent and loyal passenger.

Bye bye Emirates. I know you will miss my money but you did not compensate me like the R-C so nothing can be done really. Hello Qatar Airways.
This.

Happy birthday man !
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I've got to assume this is a joke post that missed its mark.

If it's not, the joke is elsewhere.

Someone remind me, is this the dude with the hand lotion fetish?

ETA: Why yes, yes it is.

Ladies and gentlemen, a classic FT thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ium-cabin.html
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:34 pm

Happy birthday!

All the best to you and have safe travels.

Good to see you here again, too! Don't worry about the airline, we're just numbers to them. What it matters is family and friends.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Really sorry ace boy!

Last time I flew on my birthday I got cake and a rather lovely crew member singing to me

I never told them before but mentioned it on my flight.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
You could have asked them to cut that in to 8 slices. Problem solved.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: EK Gold CX Silver, HHonors Gold
I decided to exclusively fly on my birthday to celebrate it onboard Emirates since not only they are rated as the airline of the year 2016 .....
Try to celebrate your Bday with friends / family next time, pick the cake yourself and have a good time.

Happy Bday btw
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What would you have done with eight slices of birthday cake on a short flight? Eaten if all yourself? Shared with other passengers who are strangers to you? Offered it to the cabin crew? Requested a doggy bag from the FA?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:30 pm

My day is made......
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
^^
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I've got to assume this is a joke post that missed its mark.

If it's not, the joke is elsewhere.

Someone remind me, is this the dude with the hand lotion fetish?

ETA: Why yes, yes it is.

Ladies and gentlemen, a classic FT thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ium-cabin.html
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What would you have done with eight slices of birthday cake on a short flight? Eaten if all yourself? Shared with other passengers who are strangers to you? Offered it to the cabin crew? Requested a doggy bag from the FA?
Two things bothered me with Emirates:

1) Why did they give me the cake on the short flight rather than ICN - KWI?

2) Why do other passengers get the full-size cake on their birthdays (as I mentioned in my post above) while I only got one slice? This is unfair

Yes! I definitely would have shared it with the other passengers/crew
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:00 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
When I fly (on any airline) on my Birthday I absolutely expect to get:

*Upgraded to First (or Private Jet if already booked in First).
*Personal greeting form the Captain.
*Seat on the flight deck whenever I wish.
*Personalised food & beverage selection.
*The entire aircraft singing happy Birthday to me.
*Limousine transfer (driven by the airline CEO) from the aircraft steps to my home.
*A thank you letter from the airline when I get home.

Do I sound self-entitled?

What a classic.

BTW - have you seen the wonderful review of Fours Season Seoul in the Luxury Hotels forum
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:09 pm

On a serious note:

1) Why did they give me the cake on the short flight rather than ICN - KWI?

2) Why do other passengers get the full-size cake on their birthdays (as I mentioned in my post above) while I only got one slice? This is unfair
1) Because your first flight started the day before your birthday. Even if they had a list of birthdays, you probably would not be on the list.

2) Because it was a short flight.

I was flying on my birthday on EK longhaul but did not get neither a cake neither a greeting and I even didn't care :-) It's sad already to be away on a birthday.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:11 pm

This made my day! Haven't laughed so much in a while. You are joking, right? Why should an airline be expected to give any special treatment just because it's your birthday?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.