Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on new fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:48 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by pdh
If they start charging for alcohol I will be changing airlines
If they do, m3red will be the first out

M
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
They charge enough for the F seats!

I don't think I had one drink in the lounge with you?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Bidding for upgrades?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
EK's alcohol expenses will be drastically reduced if that happens. ;-)

Last edited by ukdoctor; Oct 19, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: Skywards,
This fee is for picking a seat of ur choice or the airline will assign any random seat...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Bidding for upgrades?
This is bad.
Pax never know what's better:
1. buy just J fare
or:
2. buy Y fare and bid.
(this is no the same as hoping for op-up!)

so if you not sure what's better, the safest option is to book another airline.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Internaut
Just as long as they don't go all BA on us
That is so unfair to EasyJet/Ryanair, which BA seems to be following.

Anyway, they should hire some US3 revenue management folks, they will nickel and dime pax and bring in $Billions. Pax wouldn't even notice.

May be EK is ripe for WW.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by avcritic
That is so unfair to EasyJet/Ryanair, which BA seems to be following.

Anyway, they should hire some US3 revenue management folks, they will nickel and dime pax and bring in $Billions. Pax wouldn't even notice.

May be EK is ripe for WW.
I'm a fan of both of the above (and Jet2 and Thomas Cook are also pretty decent). You generally know what you're getting and the buy on board is of a better standard than you get on BA. For short haul, I'd choose point to point LCC over BA any day of the week, provided there is a route. For long haul, I mostly prefer going via the Middle East at the moment.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by Internaut
I'm a fan of both of the above (and Jet2 and Thomas Cook are also pretty decent). You generally know what you're getting and the buy on board is of a better standard than you get on BA. For short haul, I'd choose point to point LCC over BA any day of the week, provided there is a route. For long haul, I mostly prefer going via the Middle East at the moment.
This echoes my thoughts exactly. I've recently done TA on Thomas Cook (NY) and they were better than the last time I flew on Virgin to Miami.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
This echoes my thoughts exactly. I've recently done TA on Thomas Cook (NY) and they were better than the last time I flew on Virgin to Miami.
We've been looking at some of the Thomas Cook flights out of MAN. They fly to quite a few US cities these days (we're looking at MIA). Their Y+ looks quite decent, and is reasonably priced.

My current commute is on EasyJet (MAN-AMS each week). In the 40+ flights this year, there has only been one major delay (3 hours due to bad weather at AMS). They are generally on time, and light years ahead of BA these days. The only issue I've had is 2 flights requiring the Dutch plod to meet the plane due to misbehaviour (one was the before mentioned 3 hour delay).
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
We've been looking at some of the Thomas Cook flights out of MAN. They fly to quite a few US cities these days (we're looking at MIA). Their Y+ looks quite decent, and is reasonably priced.

My current commute is on EasyJet (MAN-AMS each week). In the 40+ flights this year, there has only been one major delay (3 hours due to bad weather at AMS). They are generally on time, and light years ahead of BA these days. The only issue I've had is 2 flights requiring the Dutch plod to meet the plane due to misbehaviour (one was the before mentioned 3 hour delay).
Thomas Cook has the advantage that they recently updated their hand baggage. It's now a small case, as before, but they also allow a laptop bag (though I'd recommend the smaller the better). I tested that out on a business trip to Gambia earlier this year. Sorry, we seem to have veered well off topic here.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:04 am

My current commute is on EasyJet (MAN-AMS each week).
I hope you go for the bacon baguette. I was so disappointed when they only had a box of muesli type rubbish on a flight recently.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Easyjet are quite good. Especially if you do the flexi fare trick .

Moreover flexi fares allows a second piece of hand luggage and a £5 voucher for food /drink on board.

The one weird thing that I have noticed if I'm sitting on 1A is the axe on the wall near the door on most easyjet aircraft.

Do all aircraft have these. Never seen them on other airlines.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Oct 23, 2016 at 6:59 am
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor

Moreover flexi fares allows a second piece of hand luggage and a £5 voucher for food /drink on board.

The one weird thing that I have noticed if I'm sitting on 1A is the axe on the wall near the door on most easyjet aircraft.

All aircraft have crash axes but not generally visible to pax
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor

I've never noticed this, despite almost always being in 1C! I'll have a look tomorrow

I paid for EasyJet Plus. So, FastTrack security at MAN, extra piece of handbaggae and free seat selection. Well worth it.

I'm also now a member of Flight Club. So, I get unlimited free flight changes - which is very useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.