Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection After OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Seat Selection After OLCI

I seem to remember being able to change my seat long after checking in online. Just checked in for a flight Wednesday and now I can't change seats for those flights (return trip still available). It simply says "checked in" where I would normally click to change the seat.

I can still see my seat assignment so this isn't the bug that someone else had pointed out here. I wonder if this is something new that came from the system upgrade for seat selection fees?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
On the web, start "Check-in Online" again. It should show you as checked in, but you should be able to change the seat assignment. I just tried and it worked for my flight tomorrow that I'd already checked-in for.

Caveat: it may also be that ops has taken over control of seating control for your flight.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:55 am

I normally phone in to the Call Centre, they 'uncheck' me in; after which I can return to the website for seat selection and check in again. I believe that if it is really late in the game the Call Centre will advise you that it has to be done at the airport.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Ok, thanks guys. Is this new? I don't remember this being the case earlier this year.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
can anyone confirm, that the seat selection for savers is still free @ least when OLCI ( now them charge 25 Euro per segment for a seat )
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by bertheike
can anyone confirm, that the seat selection for savers is still free @ least when OLCI ( now them charge 25 Euro per segment for a seat )
http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/h...seat-selection
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Thanks for the link.

Now I have to find a sponsor who is willing to sponsor EK gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.