Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Status on Emirates 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Flight overbooked by 12 in Y, J/F have 20 seats free between them and no op-up on an R class ticket - as expected no upgrade (but proactive pre assigned exit row though).

I refuse to believe there is more than one person ahead of me on the list though!
So does this mean op-ups are processed by fare bucket (Y,E,R etc.) then status? I thought it was by Flex Plus/Flex/Saver then status. So will the actual fare bucket make a difference in the order?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by HKprince
So does this mean op-ups are processed by fare bucket (Y,E,R etc.) then status? I thought it was by Flex Plus/Flex/Saver then status. So will the actual fare bucket make a difference in the order?
Flex Plus/Flex/Saver -> Status -> Actual fare class

I have literally just made another last minute change to an oversold flight and had to use seat guarantee, so here's hoping that a Y class fare is enough to get an op-up, assuming there's not any no-shows! J is 76+/76 though...
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Flex Plus/Flex/Saver -> Status -> Actual fare class

I have literally just made another last minute change to an oversold flight and had to use seat guarantee, so here's hoping that a Y class fare is enough to get an op-up, assuming there's not any no-shows! J is 76+/76 though...
So there were over 12 Plats/iOs in Y? Wow....

Good luck! Will pray to the opup gods for you
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by HKprince
So there were over 12 Plats/iOs in Y? Wow....

Good luck! Will pray to the opup gods for you
I'm pretty sure there were a few no shows and the flight ended up going out with literally one spare seat in economy!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'm pretty sure there were a few no shows and the flight ended up going out with literally one spare seat in economy!
Between "auto upgrade" and EKs load management opup are going to be rare things and as we know status above Gold is pretty pointless.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Between "auto upgrade" and EKs load management opup are going to be rare things and as we know status above Gold is pretty pointless.
I agree - don't hold out much hope for anything...did use auto upgrade for the sector though ha!

My miles balance is getting dangerously close to 5 figures though...
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:03 am
Original Poster

I agree - don't hold out much hope for anything...did use auto upgrade for the sector though ha!

My miles balance is getting dangerously close to 5 figures though...
We have over 500k.

I try to use them but its hard to get F on the MAN route and MRU - forget it!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:22 am

We have over 500k.

I try to use them but its hard to get F on the MAN route and MRU - forget it!
Not even on space available basis?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:30 am

I think he is referring to award seats, not Upgrade.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

90% this year has been paid F, but getting 2 z seats to the uk has failed a couple of times (MAN) and the MRU flight on 3 Dec back to DXB has one seat left.

Getting revenue is no issue generally for Man unless it's Xmas and you are booking very last minute.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:04 am

90% this year has been paid F, but getting 2 z seats to the uk has failed a couple of times (MAN) and the MRU flight on 3 Dec back to DXB has one seat left.

Getting revenue is no issue generally for Man unless it's Xmas and you are booking very last minute.
Then it's Easyjet for you
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
All in all, a very inequitable relationship where high-spending Plats are concerned, and (as m3red has mentioned more than once) there is seemingly very little tangible benefit in earning Plat status if you're already booking premium cabins routinely. Okay if it comes 'naturally', sure - but hardly something to aim for.

EK happy to take all the cash whilst giving miles which can then be very difficult to use in the way one would wish.

But then of course as we know, FFP's were never designed for the benefit of paying pax .....
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by subject2load
All in all, a very inequitable relationship where high-spending Plats are concerned, and (as m3red has mentioned more than once) there is seemingly very little tangible benefit in earning Plat status if you're already booking premium cabins routinely. Okay if it comes 'naturally', sure - but hardly something to aim for.

EK happy to take all the cash whilst giving miles which can then be very difficult to use in the way one would wish.

But then of course as we know, FFP's were never designed for the benefit of paying pax .....
300% agree
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Been Plat for a few years now, and agree with the OP that the only tangible benefit is use of the FCL in DXB when not flying F... ...and hope no one has had to fly enough Y to qualify ;-)

As I have posted before, I am Plat by default (in my case network and premium cabin price), i.e., don't book travel on EK because of status or related benefits, given that these are comparatively poor. And EK probably figured a while back there are enough such customers that they can get away with a pretty meagre elite level...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Wtravel
...and hope no one has had to fly enough Y to qualify ;-)
eternaltransit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.