Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Query about baggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Query about baggage allowance

I've booked J flights for myself( silver) & my daughter (blue). On our booking it states she has 40 kg included & mine states 40 kg included with 12kg add on = 52 kg. Does this mean I can purchase another 12kg or I automatically get 52 kg? Not that I will use 52kg, that's almost as much as my body weight, but I think my daughter might just have that much in shoes.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:41 am

You automatically get another 12kg - your personal (silver) allowance is 52kg for that flight.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Wow. I dare say there are people who would actually use that much allowance.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Katykat
The F check-in at LHR can be entertaining for the amount of shopping some travellers are taking home to DXB - I'm sure the full F allowance + Plat bonus is being used on occasions
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Katykat
I use the full allowance on most trips
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi All

Bumping this thread. A little confused. Have managed to do a miles upgrade on part of my PEK-DXB-GLA itinerary. J class for PEK-DXB. No u/g availability at the moment for the DXB-GLA leg.

MMB still shows allowance as 30kg + 16kg gold additional allowance for both legs. Is this correct?

The lovely lady I spoke to on the phone to do the upgrade said when I asked about baggage allowance that starting the journey with the J allowance + extra shouldn't be a problem as stations tend to overlook if continuing in Y especially with status. I said I would take the extra bag & ditch it if they were not going to allow the through passage. The thing that's confusing me now is that it's only showing Y allowance (+ extra) for the whole journey.

The other question is, if I am entitled to the J allowance for the first leg, does anyone have experience if continuing in Y and being able to maintain the J allowance without charge?

I'm looking to maximise as I am moving from China now.

Thanks

S
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:43 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hi All

Bumping this thread. A little confused. Have managed to do a miles upgrade on part of my PEK-DXB-GLA itinerary. J class for PEK-DXB. No u/g availability at the moment for the DXB-GLA leg.

MMB still shows allowance as 30kg + 16kg gold additional allowance for both legs. Is this correct?

The lovely lady I spoke to on the phone to do the upgrade said when I asked about baggage allowance that starting the journey with the J allowance + extra shouldn't be a problem as stations tend to overlook if continuing in Y especially with status. I said I would take the extra bag & ditch it if they were not going to allow the through passage. The thing that's confusing me now is that it's only showing Y allowance (+ extra) for the whole journey.

The other question is, if I am entitled to the J allowance for the first leg, does anyone have experience if continuing in Y and being able to maintain the J allowance without charge?

I'm looking to maximise as I am moving from China now.

Thanks

S
The most restrictive allowance always applies, in your case since you are continuing in Y then only 30KG + 16 for Gold will apply in theory. Whether they overlook that at check-in or not is luck of the draw on the day
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Zol
The most restrictive allowance always applies, in your case since you are continuing in Y then only 30KG + 16 for Gold will apply in theory. Whether they overlook that at check-in or not is luck of the draw on the day
Cheers Zol. Will keep my fingers crossed a miles upgrade becomes available before check in opens.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.