Wiki Posts
Search

EK to QF checking bags through

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
EK to QF checking bags through

I am Flying LHR - DXB - BNE on Friday, but now I have to go to MEL, so I have an internal QF flight bolted on the end, but totally separate to my EK flight.

Will I be able to check my bags through from LHR to MEL, even though they are totally different bookings?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:37 am

Yes it is technically possible. As its EK-QF they will be more inclined to do it but technically they aren't obliged to.

You are in F iirc, so if you ask nicely I'm sure it won't be a problem!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
Assuming the QF flight BNE to MEL is domestic, will the OP not need to clear customs/quarantine in BNE and hence collect checked bags for screening there before rechecking them in at the domestic terminal for onward flight to MEL?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Xenon2010
Assuming the QF flight BNE to MEL is domestic, will the OP not need to clear customs/quarantine in BNE and hence collect checked bags for screening there before rechecking them in at the domestic terminal for onward flight to MEL?
The bag tag will say MEL, but yes, I expect he needs to sort it out at BNE anyway
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone, as I suspected we will need to clear customs in BNE
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Xenon2010
There's a QF baggage drop/check in desks in BNE int arrival level. As these are separate tickets I am unsure if QF will provide bus tickets.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Don't forget Skywards Gold gives you some benefits and lounge access even on a pure seperate Qantas ticket.

Edit: Also just spotted you're Ba Gold - so spoilt for choice!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by EK004 Regular
I am Flying LHR - DXB - BNE on Friday, but now I have to go to MEL, so I have an internal QF flight bolted on the end, but totally separate to my EK flight.

Will I be able to check my bags through from LHR to MEL, even though they are totally different bookings?
No you will not. It is not possible to through check any luggage on International to Domestic Connections in Australia. You must collect your luggage clear customs and re-check them for your connecting flight.
EDIT: Read the OP incorrectly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.