Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Online check-in is not available for this flight. Please check in at the airport.

Online check-in is not available for this flight. Please check in at the airport.

Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Internaut
Book via utmost beloved corporate TA ($%^&s) of beloved employer. And yes, I am a Skyward member and my number is on the booking.
I'm sure you will be fine then.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Book via utmost beloved corporate TA ($%^&s) of beloved employer. And yes, I am a Skyward member and my number is on the booking.
If you're not far from the airport, maybe head down there now and find out what's going on?

You may be able to get on the earlier flight. Or they may route you via LHR or another of their routes.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, SPG P100, IHG Gold, Carlson Silver, HHonors Silver
Most likely not applicable in OP's case, but I always get the same message when I have an itinerary containing a connecting flight on a 3rd party airline (which for example uses Amadeus).

For the record, EK check-in agents are always able to check my luggage through to the end, but i don't get a boarding pass for the 3rd party leg.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If you're not far from the airport, maybe head down there now and find out what's going on?

You may be able to get on the earlier flight. Or they may route you via LHR or another of their routes.
We've got the corporate TA looking into it....
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Well corporate TA has checked, and Emirates say all is fine with my ticket.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:38 am

They've also sent a 3 class A6 EEW.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red
They've also sent a 3 class A6 EEW.
Took a moment to decode what you wrote there, but Flightradar confirms the inbound a/c and airfleets.net confirms seating configuration. Would a change of aircraft cause Emirates to prevent online check in? I'm guessing there will be fourteen very lucky business flex customers.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:01 am

Took a moment to decode what you wrote there, but Flightradar confirms the inbound a/c and airfleets.net confirms seating configuration. Would a change of aircraft cause Emirates to prevent online check in? I'm guessing there will be fourteen very lucky business flex customers.
Yes, indeed. And a few annoyed Y passengers. But they don't really matter
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:04 am

I'm guessing 10 as expert flyer wants to sell 4 F seats

I'd hope it was plat savers not blue flex that get upgraded!

Let us know!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:17 am

Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
FWIW I got this message when I was singled out for extra special screening (not good to be a solo male traveler going to the US, connecting in the ME). Probably not an issue for OP.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Well I'm checked in, in the lounge, showered, changed, fed and in the middle of being watered. This is the nicest lounge I've been in at MAN.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Yay, after all that the plane has gone tech. Strangely, I'm perfectly sanguine about that. Tech happens. Tech fits in with my almost Germanic sense of order. More importantly, tech means they found the problem before take off....
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes, indeed. And a few annoyed Y passengers. But they don't really matter
HaHa.

I got caught up in this mess earlier this week. Again, the giveaway was online check in being blocked. Needed to get home for my daughters GCSE results the following day (she was with me!!!)
They seem to be a 2 class A380 or two down at the moment (one blew all it's Oxygen masks by mistake on the AMS route recently)
MAN route has taken a bit of the fallout - looks like there's been 3 subs of a 3 class frame on the 19/20 rotation this last week.

Booked on the EK19 on 24th. Arrived at DXB check in desk and denied boarding and directed to the dreaded waitlist area along with seemingly all other Y passengers trying to get on the flight.
Told the flight had been downgraded to a "smaller aircraft" and that the flight was overbooked by 97 people.
All passengers in transit were being treated as firm and it was therefore a bunfight amongst the remaining passengers ex DXB as to how the overbooking was resolved.....
The next EK21 and then the EK17 had already been filled, so it was the following days EK19, a night in a "5 star hotel" and a free return ticket valid for a year that was the bribe on offer.
Fortunately enough people took the bait (an extended family of 18 people swallowing the offer certainly helped) and I got the last seats on the plane after check in finally closed.
Rows 87 & 88 and a Hindu vegetarian sandwich for a meal was not what I was expecting when I arrived at the airport, (Upstairs Y cabin was!!), but we made it home in time...
I was at the stage at the waitlist desk of arguing with them over flying me to LHR / DUB / AMS and them paying for connecting third party flights, but luckily we didn't need to go down that road.

As an aside, they provided me with a 100DHS "Denied Boarding Processing" Duty Free Voucher valid for a year per ticket for the hassle. As there were five of us, I've at least got Ł100 to spend the next time I go through DXB airport.......

I guess this kind of problem could be quite regular in peak travel periods unless they build more slack into the small 2 class A380 fleet schedule??
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:36 am

It's less of a problem for EK at the hub as they don't have to offer any cash compensation and arranging hotel rooms/transport is trivial imho. I think you'd be extremely lucky if they put you on another carrier though.

After all, they don't even need to offer the free flight - still, they at least recognise you have a choice of ME3 carriers so the bribe money is good!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.