Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Flight price different Skyscanner and Emirates site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

pardon for my bad english, since it is not my main language

I got question for current emirates searh engine,
currently the flight price from Lagos-Amman-Jakarta-Lagos (multiflight) with intrasit Dubai shows estimate of 5000 USD

But when i searched to other 3rd party flight search engine (Skyscanner), the price quote only 1300 USD,

I had been using skyscanner search engine before and the price is very close to Emirates's site but this time around is much different

Does anyone experiences this, or is there explanation behind this?

Please help

Regard,
Feisal
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The specific question is probably best addressed in the Emirates forum and I have alerted a moderator to move it there.

But, generally, OTAs (online travel agencies) source their tickets from a variety of sources, not just the airline concerned. Skyscanner will search a wide range of OTAs and it could be it has found a consolidator ticket or some such. However, you should look closely at exactly who is selling you the ticket as the price differential seems excessive.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
We had this with a booking for MAN DXB HKG BKK DXB MAN. Booked through ebookers (which is where skyscanner got the cheaper fare from). Saved over Ł150 per person.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Very likely not the exact same flights. A longer transit in Dubai can often result in significant savings but doing a multi city search in the EK website makes this hard to see. Make sure you select the exact same flights, you may need to expand the EK selection to find them. I had this last week with Skyscanner and EK.

If you share a screenshot of the Skyscanner itinerary we may be able to help further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.