Search

F Champagne

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:54 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
True - variety is good (within reason)
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:32 am

Unexpected treat on today's EK22 with P2 on it despite not being on the online wine list. What a stunning champagne, very different and earthy to my favourite (NV blend) Krug but reminds me of my first taste of that - palate just lit up. Have never tried P2 on the ground but can only imagine how nice it is there.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Beecharmer
Unexpected treat on today's EK22 with P2 on it despite not being on the online wine list. What a stunning champagne, very different and earthy to my favourite (NV blend) Krug but reminds me of my first taste of that - palate just lit up. Have never tried P2 on the ground but can only imagine how nice it is there.
It was on my AMS-DXB flight the other day. I enjoyed a couple of glasses before moving onto the wine.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
We had P2 on today's EK017 - beautiful
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
A further data point. P2 was on last night's EK6 despite not being shown on the wine lst online for the last 10 days or so. It was excellent and I enjoyed a couple of glasses (the glasses were different from those I remember - I was told they were new larger stemware).
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
A further data point. P2 was on last night's EK6 despite not being shown on the wine lst online for the last 10 days or so. It was excellent and I enjoyed a couple of glasses (the glasses were different from those I remember - I was told they were new larger stemware).
Still on EK22 on Thursday also.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
It seems olivers (wine buyer for EK) request for new glasswear has finally come through. Looking forward to trying it out on the 29th although with a 4am start it will likely have to be a champagne breakfast
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red
It seems olivers (wine buyer for EK) request for new glasswear has finally come through. Looking forward to trying it out on the 29th although with a 4am start it will likely have to be a champagne breakfast
The cost for that has come out of another budget - no change in wines to lounges for the next year, apparently!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The cost for that has come out of another budget - no change in wines to lounges for the next year, apparently!
I do think the F lounge needs some better champagne.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:39 am
Original Poster

I do think the F lounge needs some better champagne.
The F lounge wines come from unused onboard stock though, so you'll have to drink less champagne onboard
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:52 am

The F lounge wines come from unused onboard stock though, so you'll have to drink less champagne onboard
Now I didn't know that.

Might be at a do on Tuesday so will ask about that!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Slightly OT, but have they started serving Rose champagne in J??

Was served some in J a few days ago.Forgot to check the wine list.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Slightly OT, but have they started serving Rose champagne in J??

Was served some in J a few days ago.Forgot to check the wine list.
Yes, but for pre-departure only...officially.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:56 am

Yes, but for pre-departure only...officially.
It's been in J recently - supply is limited so maybe they've stopped anything other than the PDB?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Poster

It's been in J recently - supply is limited so maybe they've stopped anything other than the PDB?
Yeah, the other week they had Veuve and Moet Rose, but only for the PDB - if there's any left later on they'll open it on special request, but I'd prepared to be denied as I think they only have enough for PDB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.