FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Print Wikipost

Transiting through DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Thanks for the responses.
Seems like a dicey connection for 2 hours transit time..
BTW, How does Marhaba handle bags across different carriers with different PNR's without my need to go landside.. couldn't find that info on their website ..
in that case, where do I get my boarding pass for Indigo flight ..At the gate ..?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
The bags are intercepted inside the airport baggage system before they are delivered to the carousel, then retagged and sent to the next carrier. If you don't have your boarding pass in advance, just get it from the transfer desk.

http://www.marhabaservices.com/engli...ces/meet-greet ... click on the 'Transfer' tab. I would ask them whether they apply a minimum transfer time. The service is mainly targeted at people who can't go landside due to visa restrictions.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:01 pm

Thanks for the info.
Is there a transfer desk for Indigo airline at T1 airside ..?
website says it needs 3 hour transit window to do the bag tagging, Will call them & confirm.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not sure about T1 immigration/customs and re-check but looking at the times you've got about 60 minutes from landing until check-in for Indigo closes. So as much as I'd recommend Indigo every day over Spicejet in this case I think Spicejet is your best bet.
Yes spice jet who once landed at the wrong airport!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:10 pm

Any one knows if Delta or VS can do interline check through baggage for me on Indigo Air through DXB-HYD as I arrive on VS from SFO_LHR_DXB..?

That would solve my dilemma of risking the 2 hr transit time for Indigo flight.

Last edited by Javvu; Jun 28, 2016 at 10:11 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Both of my flights are A380's, so I presume I'll be in the A Gates Business Lounge.
No guarantee of either of them being at Concourse A. A380s also use Concourses B and C (as well as occasionally remote parking).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:31 am

When you arrive from SYD by EK405 you have had a very long (16hr) night.

Use the stretched chairs close to the gates on DXB where you can sleep, there are plenty of them and there should be at least one free.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:27 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by ft101
No guarantee of either of them being at Concourse A. A380s also use Concourses B and C (as well as occasionally remote parking).
Ah, didn't know that. The walking will do me good though!

Originally Posted by airsurfer
When you arrive from SYD by EK405 you have had a very long (16hr) night.

Use the stretched chairs close to the gates on DXB where you can sleep, there are plenty of them and there should be at least one free.
I'm doing a cheater's version of EK405, and only doing the SIN leg.

M
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Indigo is a point-to-point LCC; according to Expertflyer they don't have interline baggage or ticketing agreements with any other airline.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:05 am
wes

I have a 7 hour layover waiting for the Dubai(DXB) to Tokyo Haneda(HND)
Arriving DBX 00:45, departing 8:00, but traveling with a 9 year old, any advise to kill the time?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:18 am
wes

7 hour layover in Dubai(DXB) at night, advise?

I have a 7 hour layover waiting for the Dubai(DXB) to Tokyo Haneda(HND)
Arriving DBX 00:45, departing 8:00, but travelling with a 9 year old, any advise to kill the time?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:21 am

1. Please don't double-post. You also asked this question in another thread.
2. If you don't require a visa get a hotel near the airport
3. If you are travelling in Business or First check if you qualify for Dubai Connect for a free visa and hotel
4. If you need a visa get a room at the airport hotel or book a stopover with Emirates which includes visa, transfer and hotel
5. Pay for lounge access.

Pick 1. + any of 2.-5.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:37 am
wes

skywardhunter thank you. one more question regarding #5 option, are the Meet & Greet services worth it?

Ahlan
Marhaba
Al Majlis

They all vary in price and service. And it looks like I need to clear immigration. Any thoughts 1 adult and 9 year old child would appreciate the most?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:10 am

Can't comment on those, but others can and most say it is worth it. If you're on a through-ticket no need to clear immigration.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:13 am
wes

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Can't comment on those, but others can and most say it is worth it. If you're on a through-ticket no need to clear immigration.
Thanks, will book the Meet and Greet service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.