Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

DXB => Larnaka (LCA) => Athens (ATH)

Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: General Awesome Guy

Hello EK flyersl

Flying DXB=>ATH with a stop over in LCA. Do we have to deplane in LCA? If so, do we have to "enter the country," customs etc? Any airside lounges etc?

Advice is appreciated.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
I haven't flown this myself, but I would assume that you'll have to get off the plane and enter the EU, then get on the plane again. This way, EK could transport passengers between LCA and ATH.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: Skywards
You have to stay on board, ground time is anyway only 1h40
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: General Awesome Guy
Anyone for a tie break? hoping kuroko is correct, but i think gorbatzjov is correct.

they offer LCA => ATH for sale, so i think i will have to enter the EU there.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by WanderlustB
Anyone for a tie break? hoping kuroko is correct, but i think gorbatzjov is correct.

they offer LCA => ATH for sale, so i think i will have to enter the EU there.
Have you called them?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have flown on the service DXB-LCA-MLA in the past and only those on board whose destination was LCA were permitted to disembark. Boarding passes were checked at the door on exiting the aeroplane

I would expect the same with DXB-LCA-ATH

If it has changed and passengers are permitted to disembark, then there would be no need to pass through immigration in LCA, just go to security and through to departures. EK does provide lounge access at the Swissport Executive Lounge to business class passengers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.