Upgrading from Y to J

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, Skywards, AirNZ Airpoints, Qantas FF
Upgrading from Y to J

I've booked tickets for my parents on the following route:

CHC - SYD - BKK - DXB - VCE (and return) on Economy Flexi Plus

They have points which will Expire on Dec 31 (more than enough for a one way upgrade) so I'm trying to upgrade part of their trip with Miles to J.

The booking system is showing that most of the legs are unavailable to upgrade however it's giving me the option to be notified for DXB > CHC

Is it a case of it's too early for the upgrade option to be available or is it simply that those J seats have already been sold?

Futhermore, why isn't it giving me the option to be notified for the other legs?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
Old May 2, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Smoth 007
I've booked tickets for my parents on the following route:

CHC - SYD - BKK - DXB - VCE (and return) on Economy Flexi Plus

They have points which will Expire on Dec 31 (more than enough for a one way upgrade) so I'm trying to upgrade part of their trip with Miles to J.

The booking system is showing that most of the legs are unavailable to upgrade however it's giving me the option to be notified for DXB > CHC

Is it a case of it's too early for the upgrade option to be available or is it simply that those J seats have already been sold?

Futhermore, why isn't it giving me the option to be notified for the other legs?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
Upgrade inventory is limited, especially if EK think they can sell the seats. You don't mention when you booked the flights for but basically EK may make upgrade seats available nearer to the flight time if they predict seats will remain open and they can upgrade at check-in as well or even on-board (if EK Silver or above).
Old May 2, 2016, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, Skywards, AirNZ Airpoints, Qantas FF
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Upgrade inventory is limited, especially if EK think they can sell the seats. You don't mention when you booked the flights for but basically EK may make upgrade seats available nearer to the flight time if they predict seats will remain open and they can upgrade at check-in as well or even on-board (if EK Silver or above).
Thanks for the reply - They were booked today for November 10-11 & December 6-8

Yes that makes sense
Old May 2, 2016, 9:33 pm

Definitely not too early as I've got availability showing for a leg after your travel dates, albeit on a different route.

Don't rely on the upgrade notification to alert you. It's quite a new feature and not 100% reliable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.