Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Messed up infants booking - turns 2 mid air.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Me and my wife booked a trip (on emirates - but through qantas as I am qantas ff) for our family melbourne - dubai-manchester & manchester - dubai - melbourne.

Our youngest child is 1 and booked as an infant with no seat, however on our return journey, we board in Dubai at 10:15AM the day before her 2nd birthday, we then land in Melbourne at 5:25 AM on her 2nd birthday (it is still not her birthday dubai time)

We aren't sure what to do at this point.

We could rebook for an earlier flight (at significant cost) or risk turning up at the airport and being told to buy a seat (or worse refused travel if the flight is full)

Does anyone know the letter of the regulations / emirates/qantas policy in this case?

Thanks
Old May 2, 2016, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do not think that you have a [problem. As long as the child is under 2 at the time of the flight , I believe that it is ok

For a definitive answer, you would be best confirming with Qantas/Emirates,
Old May 2, 2016, 3:47 am

As long as the last flight on the ticket departs on the day before the birthday, you will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.