Search

Mobile BP Glitch

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold
Mobile BP Glitch

Hi FT’ers,

Interested to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Mrs nmc980 was flying to BCN on a Y Flex ticket. Flight was oversold by 18 in Y, with 11 spots available across J & F. She’s recently lost her silver status so no lounge access.

She checked-in online – seat 52H. T-3 I checked her Mobile BP and it was reading seat 8B and an invite to the lounge. It was still saying Economy however.

At check-in she was issued her original assigned seat – 52H. She questioned and showed the mobile BP but it just confused the agent.

Was this a case of being upgraded then downgraded? Has anyone else had this or similar happen?

Cheers!
N.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by nmc980
Hi FT’ers,

Interested to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Mrs nmc980 was flying to BCN on a Y Flex ticket. Flight was oversold by 18 in Y, with 11 spots available across J & F. She’s recently lost her silver status so no lounge access.

She checked-in online – seat 52H. T-3 I checked her Mobile BP and it was reading seat 8B and an invite to the lounge. It was still saying Economy however.

At check-in she was issued her original assigned seat – 52H. She questioned and showed the mobile BP but it just confused the agent.

Was this a case of being upgraded then downgraded? Has anyone else had this or similar happen?

Cheers!
N.
Probably yes - it does happen: it's even worse when they issue the BP with the new seat and then at the gate you are sent back down to Y (that's very rare though!).
Old May 1, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Yes she was likely in the very rare case of being upgraded by EK central control in DXB, but then perhaps not as many people checked in for the flight as expected and the airport control were able to move pax back to their original class. Ive heard of this once or twice, and been told by DUB checkin agent that its very rare especially when a mobile boarding pass has been issued
Old May 1, 2016, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks Guys - thought that may have been the case.

Needless to say, I had a very excited Mrs on the way to the airport (her first op-up not travelling with me) then a very disappointed Mrs at check-in.

On the upside, she still managed to get lounge access so the bubbles helped ease the pain.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
My understanding is that the Digital Boarding Pass on the app is a live pass. Therefore at anytime you can see where you are.

If NOC are moving seats around you can find yourself briefly with no seat allocation or swapped to a random seat/class and back again.

It was explained to me once as being a live reader of the current score and allocation. Obviously 45 minutes before you want to see yourself in the right class. Anytime before that I would be excited but nervous.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EKXXX
My understanding is that the Digital Boarding Pass on the app is a live pass. Therefore at anytime you can see where you are.

If NOC are moving seats around you can find yourself briefly with no seat allocation or swapped to a random seat/class and back again.

It was explained to me once as being a live reader of the current score and allocation. Obviously 45 minutes before you want to see yourself in the right class. Anytime before that I would be excited but nervous.
Interesting thing it was still showing seat 8B on the boarding pass at the gate - it hadn't reverted to the original seat allocation.

When Mrs nmc980 went to board, she asked the gate agent and apparently 8B had been allocated to someone else.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Interesting thing it was still showing seat 8B on the boarding pass at the gate - it hadn't reverted to the original seat allocation.

When Mrs nmc980 went to board, she asked the gate agent and apparently 8B had been allocated to someone else.
If, for example, the boarding passes was added to your iPhone Wallet, then it won't update; that card is static.

For example, if you check-in at T-24 you typically won't see the gate assignment.

If you had the mobile pass sent to your phone by SMS, then clicking that link again will offer up a fresh boarding pass with updated details (gate and new seat assignment, if any).
Old May 4, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

in the EK App everytime you open the mobile BP now it says "Last updated" and approx the current time, even though it hasn't been updated. You need to swipe down on the screen for it to refresh, it is a live (more or less) view though. This is on Android, not sure how it works in iPhone.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
in the EK App everytime you open the mobile BP now it says "Last updated" and approx the current time, even though it hasn't been updated. You need to swipe down on the screen for it to refresh, it is a live (more or less) view though. This is on Android, not sure how it works in iPhone.
Yep - she was doing this even when on the aircraft.

Still was indicating seat 8B and that it had just been updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.