Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold SPG Gold BA BLUE :/
Hi All, I'm trying to book my first TP run and I'm ideally looking to find a deal where I can achieve about £1 per TP. The Master Thread for 2016 has all of these awesome routes and the starting date, but whenever I punch the routes into ITA Matrix, the price is double or triple the price. Any advice on how to minimise costs would be appreciated. I'm happy to fly Economy, Premium Economy or Business. At the moment I'm a blue member so I'm keen to get to at least silver (Ideally Gold) from a long TP Run. Thanks, Adam
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Bevan
Hi All, I'm trying to book my first TP run and I'm ideally looking to find a deal where I can achieve about £1 per TP. The Master Thread for 2016 has all of these awesome routes and the starting date, but whenever I punch the routes into ITA Matrix, the price is double or triple the price. Any advice on how to minimise costs would be appreciated. I'm happy to fly Economy, Premium Economy or Business. At the moment I'm a blue member so I'm keen to get to at least silver (Ideally Gold) from a long TP Run. Thanks, Adam
I think you may wish to post this on the BA forum? This is the Emirates forum where we have tier miles, not tier points and there is no Premium Economy. Also virtually no one does tier mile runs on EK unless they're already just shy of a higher status.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Hi

Do EK ever include NZ-Aus premium seats in their sales? Specifically F class - are there ever any specials?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by surryson
Hi

Do EK ever include NZ-Aus premium seats in their sales? Specifically F class - are there ever any specials?
There are no F "specials" only F savers sometimes.

I've never done the trans Tasman on EK but understand the fares are pretty consistent and relatively competitive.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingPanda
Are you sure about that? When I called to book a flight (same day, couldn't book online) there wasn't a fee, paid using ADCB debit card not credit card.
If it can't be booked on line then the fee is usually waived. I've had this for technical reasons and that seems to be the case here.

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
well paying with a debit card would be an obvious reason why you weren't charged a credit card fee
I though we were talking about a fee for telephone bookings, not a card fee?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I though we were talking about a fee for telephone bookings, not a card fee?
Indeed... there was a discussion elsewhere on credit card fees and I seem to have got my threads mixed up
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: EK, QF, KLM,SQ
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Note that there needs to be award availability. You can't always just upgrade an economy fare to business. Check by trying to book a saver award in business first. If it's available, you should be able to upgrade.
The problem with that (as far as I can tell), is that I don't have the points to book a business reward (that's why I need Y plus upgrade), so I can't actually see availability.

There are no "business saver" seats available (ever) to buy on the route, however, I'm hoping that's a different beast.

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by EKcellent
The problem with that (as far as I can tell), is that I don't have the points to book a business reward (that's why I need Y plus upgrade), so I can't actually see availability.
You should still see availability. It's only when you go to "Confirm Selection" it'll check your miles and tell you there's not enough.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Couldn't find the best seat thread on searching .

I have never been on the A380 in Y

Have a A380 day trip coming up. I'm on a Y saver and therefore cannot upgrade till check in .

Probably wouldn't bother about upgrading as its a day flight.

Its a 2 class A380. The upper deck would be nice but it is not open for seat selection :-(.

Are there good options in the lower deck.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Couldn't find the best seat thread on searching .

I have never been on the A380 in Y

Have a A380 day trip coming up. I'm on a Y saver and therefore cannot upgrade till check in .

Probably wouldn't bother about upgrading as its a day flight.

Its a 2 class A380. The upper deck would be nice but it is not open for seat selection :-(.

Are there good options in the lower deck.
It's a pretty easy thread to find: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/397312-ultimate-emirates-seating-guide.html
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Checked Baggage. Simple question but I cannot see it spelled out anywhere.
Wife and I flying EK AKL-DXB-GLA next June. Qantas FF award seats in economy.
Our allowances are 30 kgs each. Much more generous than my old usual 23kg.
Does this mean we can take e.g. 4 suitcases at 15 kgs or 3 at 20 kgs etc?

As for seats I selected prior to the new fee coming in. We have 44J and K both ways on the A380 and 46A and B both ways on the B777.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ardentinny
Checked Baggage. Simple question but I cannot see it spelled out anywhere.
Wife and I flying EK AKL-DXB-GLA next June. Qantas FF award seats in economy.
Our allowances are 30 kgs each. Much more generous than my old usual 23kg.
Does this mean we can take e.g. 4 suitcases at 15 kgs or 3 at 20 kgs etc?

As for seats I selected prior to the new fee coming in. We have 44J and K both ways on the A380 and 46A and B both ways on the B777.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Yes - the limit is 32kg per piece otherwise you can make up the allowance as you like. You could take 20x 3kg bags for instance.

46A and B, if it's the first row of the 2-4-2 config might have solid arm rests that aren't moveable. You might have a better experience in 47A/B onwards.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Thanks - appreciate the advice.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:43 pm

Hi, just had 25k miles expire three weeks ago.
While checking Emirates website to see if I could extend the expiration date, I noticed that "Although your Skywards Miles must be redeemed before they expire, you can use them to book a reward ticket for travel up to 12 months after the expiry date. This means that even if you can’t travel before your Miles expire, you can still redeem them for a future trip."
Is this true? I tried to book a flight ADD-DXB that costs 24k miles and website said I didn't have enough miles.
Any advice?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by ckn2
Hi, just had 25k miles expire three weeks ago.
While checking Emirates website to see if I could extend the expiration date, I noticed that "Although your Skywards Miles must be redeemed before they expire, you can use them to book a reward ticket for travel up to 12 months after the expiry date. This means that even if you can’t travel before your Miles expire, you can still redeem them for a future trip."
Is this true? I tried to book a flight ADD-DXB that costs 24k miles and website said I didn't have enough miles.
Any advice?
It means if you still have miles that are yet to expire, you can book a trip that departs up to one year after expiry (assuming ticket validity holds), even if that date is after the original miles have expired.

However, if you subsequently cancel the ticket, your miles are lost.

In your case, as the miles have already expired, there is nothing you can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.