Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by copperfield27
I have an upcoming Y trip on EK412 (A380-300 Dubai -Syd) and would welcome advice about the seat plan.

On the seatplan only a few seats are showing in the rear cabin - I don't mean that most are already occupied but that most of the cabin is white space with only 9 seats showing (all occupied - exit rows plus 3 scattered throughout cabin). The front and middle cabins are almost fully allocated. Is the rear cabin likely to open up at OCLI or is there another reason for this whiteout?

Many thanks
Perhaps your browser is having an error - try another

If you mean white space because the cabin looks smaller than it usually is, the EK412 you are travelling may be deployed with ULH configuration and that empty space is actually the crew rest compartment.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, and anything Amex Plat are dishing out
StrikeM - you are correct of course about A380-800.

The seatplan is showing only 9 seats in total throughout the cabin: the exit rows 80 B/C/J/H, 81 A/K plus 83D 86K and 88C. The rest of the cabin is blank space - not just occupied but blank. I've tried several browsers and found the same issue. Odd.

The information about noise form above is useful, thanks, so I guess I'll stick with 77 B/C unless anyone thinks these are poor!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)

The seatplan is showing only 9 seats in total throughout the cabin: the exit rows 80 B/C/J/H, 81 A/K plus 83D 86K and 88C. The rest of the cabin is blank space - not just occupied but blank. I've tried several browsers and found the same issue. Odd.

The information about noise form above is useful, thanks, so I guess I'll stick with 77 B/C unless anyone thinks these are poor!
Well that is strange. I had similar problems with other airlines on mobile browsers but never with EK.

Have you tried via the EK mobile App?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:05 am

Give EK a call - they can assign seats for you if any are available.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: LH HON
I have flown EK FRA-DXB-SIN last week and noticed that I have never received an itinerary / invoice stating the the amount I've paid for the ticket, which is needed to claim it back throughout my expenses. I've contacted EK and they've said that they cannot help me as I should have received it after the booking process (payment was made with CC).

However I have never received such an email, just the boarding passes upon online check-in. I have also tried calling them without any success.

Any ideas?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
I have flown EK FRA-DXB-SIN last week and noticed that I have never received an itinerary / invoice stating the the amount I've paid for the ticket, which is needed to claim it back throughout my expenses. I've contacted EK and they've said that they cannot help me as I should have received it after the booking process (payment was made with CC).

However I have never received such an email, just the boarding passes upon online check-in. I have also tried calling them without any success.

Any ideas?
Take your boarding pass to the airport (or EK office) which has the ticket number on it and have them print out an e-ticket receipt at the airport ticketing desk straight from the reservation system.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
for which routing? some changes are permanent, others are because of summer/winter time
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:31 am

The segment I'm interested in is Basra to Dubai. there used to be a 10:20 flight which allowed me to catch a connection at 13:30 in Dubai, now there appears to be only a 16:30 flight which arrives too late.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Lombo
The segment I'm interested in is Basra to Dubai. there used to be a 10:20 flight which allowed me to catch a connection at 13:30 in Dubai, now there appears to be only a 16:30 flight which arrives too late.
the flight still exists but is only on Sunday, Monday and Thursday from Basra to Dubai. The flight at ~1620 is daily
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Does anyone know where Emirates sources their dates from/brand? I am absolutely in love with them.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Does anyone know where Emirates sources their dates from/brand? I am absolutely in love with them.
http://www.bateel.com
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:04 pm

So I know nothing about Emirates other than I'll be taking a flight sometime in April - Business Class - DFW-Bangalore, India. I am a member of almost all US hotel chains and most the US air carriers. Although most my points are with American and Southwest for airlines and most my points are with Hilton and IHG for hotels. I do have 100k+ membership rewards and 100k+ UR. So before I book this flight I was hoping someone could give me a crash course on how to best utilize this travel for points/rewards. Company is picking up the business class ticket but I will be paying for it and getting reimbursed. I guess what I am looking for may be as simple as:

1. Be sure to signup for Emirates reward program. Here is a refer link to start with 1000 miles?
2. Be sure to xxx?
3. If you're planning to yyy then zzz first?
4. If you're already business class then aaa...

Basically I don't want to miss a perfect opportunity to get anything extra because of lack of knowledge of the product or benefits.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:43 am

You will get bonus points for your first flight without a referral. If you want a referral which gains me points, I'll be happy to help.

All your flights will be on a 77W. Rows 6 and 7 are in a mini cabin of their own and give a much more private, exclusive feel. Row 7 appears to be first choice for most.

If you really fancy the A380, try to route through JFK using one of EK's partners to get there.

If you really fancy first and can transfer some points in, check upgrade availability before you do the transfer. Revenue seat availability does not mean upgrade availability. There will still be a window where the seat may disappear as your transfer is processed.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)
I forgot to get my free flame, does anyone know how I can get it posthumously?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
I will have a forced overnight in Dubai on EK J, (an AS award) connecting on to Bali, about 13 hours. Does anyone know if we will need to collect checked bags? I would prefer not to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.