Search

EK pricing, AMS to South India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum,HHonors Gold
EK pricing, AMS to South India

It may not be a concern to 99.99% of the members here, but Im that .01 %

Since last two years the Y,J fares from AMS to MAA,BLR,TRV,HYD,COK has been steep high, atleast 25% higher than to BOM,DEL. And during the promotional period also these airports never comes up. Yes, the distance factor matters but it was not the case other carriers like KLM,Etihad or EK's fares from DUS,BRU to those above mentioned airports.

Any specific reason . I have alternatives, but I love EK and this 25% extra isnt worth for me now as I dont have status since 2 years.

Can anyone throw some light ?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by isle11
It may not be a concern to 99.99% of the members here, but Im that .01 %

Since last two years the Y,J fares from AMS to MAA,BLR,TRV,HYD,COK has been steep high, atleast 25% higher than to BOM,DEL. And during the promotional period also these airports never comes up. Yes, the distance factor matters but it was not the case other carriers like KLM,Etihad or EK's fares from DUS,BRU to those above mentioned airports.

Any specific reason . I have alternatives, but I love EK and this 25% extra isnt worth for me now as I dont have status since 2 years.

Can anyone throw some light ?
I fly to HYD all the time from South Africa and fares are just generally higher than BOM. It's up to you if it makes sense to buy direct to HYD or rather fly to BOM and buy a connection. Depending on where you're going if it's HYD or BLR or GOI then it's just an extra 1-hour hop so not a major deal-breaker other than the horrendous transit in BOM. I'm doing that transit tonight in fact, though feeding in from EY this time, not EK. Was just so much cheaper than direct HYD.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I usually buy a return ticket with arrival in subcontinent south and departure from subcontinent north .

Got J savers in November for around Ł1400 (ex LGW) which is quite reasonable IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.