Emirates Business class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UR, Skyward, MR
Emirates Business class

Greetings Everyone,

I have a flight as;
JFK-DXB 23:00pm-20:15pm (Duration is 12 Hr, 5 min)

Connection is 7 hr, 10 min

DXB-ISB 03:25am-07:30am (Duration is 3Hr, 5Min)

I have upgraded the first leg from economy to business class. I also wanted to upgrade the second leg but it does not show any option for upgrading the second leg to business class.

Is it possible to get a business class on the second leg by anyway?
I also would like to know if there are any good seeping places sincemy entire connection will be during night .

Thank you for any insight.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
>> I also would like to know if there are any good seeping places since my entire connection will be during night .
Lounges: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/while-yo...efresh/lounges
Hotel: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/while-yo...national-hotel
Snooze cubes: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/while-yo...at-our-airport
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

I just spoke to Emirates Reservations CSR and he said even though I am flying J class JFK-DXB, I am not eligible for access to Lounges at DXB because next leg of my flight is not J class. He emphasized that I will have access to lounges at JFK because my flight is J class.

He also stated that I will not have access to DC because my layover at DXB is only 7hr/ 10min. According to him, minimum layover time is 8hr to qualify for DC.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:03 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Explorer3
I just spoke to Emirates Reservations CSR and he said even though I am flying J class JFK-DXB, I am not eligible for access to Lounges at DXB because next leg of my flight is not J class. He emphasized that I will have access to lounges at JFK because my flight is J class.

He also stated that I will not have access to DC because my layover at DXB is only 7hr/ 10min. According to him, minimum layover time is 8hr to qualify for DC.
That's correct.

I'd just book a few hours at the airside hotel. Although you may not be too tired after the overnight from JFK.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Yep, airside hotel is the answer ^

Seven hours is too long in a lounge anyway (especially in light of recent reports from folk about the DXB J lounges ....)
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

But do I need to do a seperate booking for Airside Hotel?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by Explorer3
But do I need to do a seperate booking for Airside Hotel?
I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but you would need to book and pay for this yourself. As you've already surmised, EK will not pay for it.

If you don't want to spend money for a place to sleep, this site has some suggestions:
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/mideast/dubai.htm
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
If you have a US passport, why not get out and see some of the city ? Your body clock will think it's midday and hopefully you will have slept on the inbound flight.

Have a look around, grab some dinner (lunch ) and then head back to the airport after midnight, maybe paying into a lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Yep, airside hotel is the answer ^

Seven hours is too long in a lounge anyway (especially in light of recent reports from folk about the DXB J lounges ....)
Sunday night in the Concourse A J Lounge it was a little full at the first meal station but still perfectly fine with seats available. from 1am - 3:30am. Rather go see for yourself instead of believing all the ramblings on here. Quiet lounge was completely empty and lovely to sit and relax.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Sunday night in the Concourse A J Lounge it was a little full at the first meal station but still perfectly fine with seats available. from 1am - 3:30am. Rather go see for yourself instead of believing all the ramblings on here. Quiet lounge was completely empty and lovely to sit and relax.
He doesn't have lounge access as his onward flight is in Y.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by m3red
He doesn't have lounge access as his onward flight is in Y.
I was quoting and referring to subject2load and generically saying one should see for oneself.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
If you have a US passport, why not get out and see some of the city ? Your body clock will think it's midday and hopefully you will have slept on the inbound flight.

Have a look around, grab some dinner (lunch ) and then head back to the airport after midnight, maybe paying into a lounge.
Hahaha, of course it will be midday. I am trying not to ruch myself if i did get out. Assuming the choatic system in Pakistan, I just wanted to catch up on sleep so that I dont have a Zombie attack on someone at ISB.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
In general, I personally have no issue with a 'see for yourself' sort of philosophy.

I did, however, feel that the flippant description of recent posts from various members as "ramblings" was somewhat misplaced.

The thread on the negative aspects of the DXB J lounges was actually opened by a highly experienced & well-informed FT-er ..... a long-time Plat with EK (albeit just recently reverted to Gold, AFAIK).
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

I am trying to upgrade the second leg DXB-ISB to J. It is not giving me an option. Emirates CSR said it will open up closer to the flight time.

Both of my legsare FLEX so now it reads as;

JFK-DXB Business/Flex
DXB-ISB Economy/Flex

Is there anywat I can get an upgrade to J on the second leg? I do have plenty of Skyward Rewards.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:31 am
Original Poster

What I also found strange is that on their page, each lounge has a menue listing "Access Policy." When you open it, it reads as,

The following passengers have access:
Emirates Business and First class passengers (+1 guest)
Emirates Skywards Gold and Platinum members departing on an Emirates flight (+1 guest)
Emirates Skywards Silver members departing on an Emirates flight (no guests)

Unlike item 2 and 3, item 1 does not specify that the passanger must be departing as J on an onward flight.

I am not trying to argue here and what not, but rather seek to carify for our fellow Flyertalk community.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.