Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How good is Emirates business class on the A380?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG

I have the option of flying EK business for 2.5k or AY J on the A350 for 1.6k. I would have to go to PVG multiple times and would like to know if EK is worth 35% more.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
I have the option of flying EK business for 2.5k or AY J on the A350 for 1.6k. I would have to go to PVG multiple times and would like to know if EK is worth 35% more.
Depends who was paying If my own money, I'd go AY. If somebody else's money, I'd go EK.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Depends who was paying If my own money, I'd go AY. If somebody else's money, I'd go EK.
+1

(although with the caveat that I might still be inclined to go AY even if somebody else was paying, simply because I have heard good things about their latest J product and haven't yet flown with them)
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by subject2load
+1

(although with the caveat that I might still be inclined to go AY even if somebody else was paying, simply because I have heard good things about their latest J product and haven't yet flown with them)
My vote goes to EK, based on my experience with AY (on/off) for 3 years.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
You'll earn a healthy number of RDM on these trips. Given where you're located and EK's relatively expensive redemptions, you might find the oneworld miles more useful.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
OP : My choice would first depend of 1) total number of hours, 2) departure time and arrival time, 3) lounge facilities. But you've probably already done that filtering.
Why don't you try both once, and make your choice based on your own criteria ?

EK JCL is not bad at all, but the latest A350 can be good too.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:36 pm

Given no budget constraints, it would depend entirely on your schedule, imho.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.