Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

I am flying Dublin to Dubai next week in First Class on EK164, which departs Dublin at 10.20pm and the flight is 7.5 hours approximately. Will amenity kits be handed out? I searched on the Emirates website but couldn't find their policy.

Thanks

Angliham
Old May 19, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Yes they are given to first and business class on this flight. I have a growing collection of unopened ones!
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Yes ive done this flight many times i business and the amenity kit is really good. Its the only airline one that i can think of that i actually keep... weirdly though there is no moisturiser in it, but i believe thats becoming the stuff of legend on this forum
nancypants likes this.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
also just to add my tip for this flight is not to get there too early. The lounge is rubbish and as this is the last flight of the night to depart the terminal is really quiet so you will be through security in no time. If using the emirates chaufeur drive service the company (Devines) will call you the day before to confirm pickup time. I always plan to arrive at 9pm for this 10:20pm departure. Thats plenty of time to drop off bags and having a couple of drinks in the lounge if you want to
Old May 19, 2015, 1:02 pm

I agree on the lounge, and it's eerie seeing Dublin airport so quiet! Although it doesn't take anytime to get through the airport make sure to check the published last check in time, as its quieter they may just shut up check in exactly to the book - you don't want to be caught out!

It's a lighter load flight anyway, or at least any time I've been on it - though just remembered you're in First, so that really doesn't matter

Enjoy!
Old May 19, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies
Angliham
Old May 19, 2015, 1:10 pm

Not to be 'controversial' about it - but I think there is moisturiser in the Bvlgari box in the kit?
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Stephenk82
Not to be 'controversial' about it - but I think there is moisturiser in the Bvlgari box in the kit?
Yes, there is - Body Lotion & After Shave Emulsion.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 19, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Stephenk82
Yes they are given to first and business class on this flight. I have a growing collection of unopened ones!
+ 1

But ........ my hand luggage is invariably so crammed even before boarding that on occasion I have ended up leaving the amenity kit on the seat at the end of the flight.

I think I need to attend some sort of evening class course on 'How to pack efficiently' ......
Tanzguy likes this.

Last edited by subject2load; May 19, 2015 at 4:42 pm
Old May 19, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I didn't get a kit on Dxb HND yesterday which was quite surprising given the length of the flight I thought
Old May 19, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
I didn't get a kit on Dxb HND yesterday which was quite surprising given the length of the flight I thought
Quelle horreur !

How on earth did you survive the flight without one

(I trust the F bathrooms were well-stocked with, ahem, Hand Lotion ..?)
thijsseh likes this.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
Meaning they didn't hand them out at all? Or they just missed handing one to you?
thanks
Old May 20, 2015, 1:37 am

I discovered recently on GLA-MEL and MEL-GLA that the J and F amenity kits are identical apart from the bag they are in which seemed strange; I expected better/more contents in F.

Our philosophy is different in that the food in the lounge is always superior to that on the plane so we always aim to enjoy a lengthy stay in the lounge if we can rather than whisk through at the last minute.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OzTennis
I discovered recently on GLA-MEL and MEL-GLA that the J and F amenity kits are identical apart from the bag they are in which seemed strange; I expected better/more contents in F.
Not sure if you noticed but the F menu also includes the items served in J
Old May 20, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by badgersfly
Meaning they didn't hand them out at all? Or they just missed handing one to you?
thanks
Said they didn't have one - I wanted the face cream (not the temple spa one). Was told I'd get one on the way back...

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Not sure if you noticed but the F menu also includes the items served in J
Yes plus a couple of other options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.