Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Not sure if you noticed but the F menu also includes the items served in J
Yes, I am reminded of an episode of Are you being served when Capt Peacock was elevated to executive status. The dining room had a partition down the middle and they were served the same food on both sides except the executive meals had fancier names!
Old May 21, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yes, I am reminded of an episode of Are you being served when Capt Peacock was elevated to executive status. The dining room had a partition down the middle and they were served the same food on both sides except the executive meals had fancier names!
With the cost cutting happening, you can be sure that's coming soon to EK
Old May 26, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by OzTennis
I discovered recently on GLA-MEL and MEL-GLA that the J and F amenity kits are identical apart from the bag they are in which seemed strange; I expected better/more contents in F.
Yes. Content is disappointingly the same. I would have preferred to have non-unisex Bvlgari product line.
I also have a desk full of them : men F, men C, white women C, brown women C ... (my wife likes to give them away, as a "bvlgari" branded pouch is always appreciated ...).
I expect EK to rethink about it as some competitors have becoming very attractive : CX, SQ, AF (newest one), ...
Quite frankly, the men F leather pouch looks as if coming out of the 70s ...
EK could get inspiration from TK, where pouches are different outbound / inbound and will be changed every 18 months.
(EK guys reading this ? Anyone ?)

As for current situation, I understood EK gave out amenity kits only on night flights, which is not the case for HND outbound, but is the case for HND inbound.
This said, I was always given one on request in FCL when not "entitled to". Maybe, one benefit to add on top of DomPe, caviar and shower ?!?
Old May 26, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Ah yes ........ the evergreen topic of amenity kits.

In this ever-changing world of ours, there is much comfort to be had from the fact that barely a week will pass by without a mention of these things of wonder.

Like so many others, I used to agonise for days before flights as to whether or not I would be offered an "amenity kit". I knew that although I could survive perfectly well for a ten hour journey by road, rail, or ship without one, it would be impossible to do the same when travelling by plane. I lived in fear & dread of not receiving this vital kit within minutes of boarding my flight.

The worrying symptoms continued for many years, and with seemingly no hope of a long-term cure for my addiction to these kits. I was convinced that there existed no alternative means of procuring the remarkable items to be found within those leather / faux-leather cases, and so I would book first & business class long-haul (overnight) itineraries purely to secure them : toothpaste & brush, body lotion, deodorant, etc etc, including (perhaps best of all.....) a folding clothes brush. Such joy.

But my obsession was becoming expensive, and it was only by good fortune & coincidence that I happened to discover a permanent, more cost-effective solution. And so I will forever remain grateful to the long-lost friend who heard by chance about my addiction, and who promptly pointed me in the direction of places called 'shops' .........
BadoRas likes this.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by subject2load
Ah yes ........ the evergreen topic of amenity kits.

In this ever-changing world of ours, there is much comfort to be had from the fact that barely a week will pass by without a mention of these things of wonder.

Like so many others, I used to agonise for days before flights as to whether or not I would be offered an "amenity kit". I knew that although I could survive perfectly well for a ten hour journey by road, rail, or ship without one, it would be impossible to do the same when travelling by plane. I lived in fear & dread of not receiving this vital kit within minutes of boarding my flight.

The worrying symptoms continued for many years, and with seemingly no hope of a long-term cure for my addiction to these kits. I was convinced that there existed no alternative means of procuring the remarkable items to be found within those leather / faux-leather cases, and so I would book first & business class long-haul (overnight) itineraries purely to secure them : toothpaste & brush, body lotion, deodorant, etc etc, including (perhaps best of all.....) a folding clothes brush. Such joy.

But my obsession was becoming expensive, and it was only by good fortune & coincidence that I happened to discover a permanent, more cost-effective solution. And so I will forever remain grateful to the long-lost friend who heard by chance about my addiction, and who promptly pointed me in the direction of places called 'shops' .........
100/100! Ha.
But admit it, you have it also done because of the lotion
Old May 28, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
I'm on EK162 out of Dublin, in the same cabin, but it's a lunchtime departure. I take it that the amenity kit will be handed out?

Cypress
Old May 28, 2015, 8:17 am

I was given one on the evening /overnight flight from Dublin, but IIRC they didn't bother issuing them on the return daytime departure.

You might want to pack your own little amenity kit just in case, including maybe a folding clothes brush (personally I find it quite impossible to survive a journey lasting more than an hour without one .....)
BadoRas likes this.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm on EK162 out of Dublin, in the same cabin, but it's a lunchtime departure. I take it that the amenity kit will be handed out?

Cypress
I don't think you'll get a kit on EK162. However, you can find some of the contents of the amenity kit either in the lounge in DXB or on board (e.g. dental kit, comb) if required.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I can confirm, no amenity kit on Dublin day time flights. Only the 10:20pm night time departure
Old May 28, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit

.................................................. ....

However, you can find some of the contents of the amenity kit either in the lounge in DXB or on board (e.g. dental kit, comb) if required.
Seem to remember seeing a post on the Etihad forum a while back, about a guy who stocks up in this way. He then places the said items in a case not unlike those provided on (selected) flights, but supplied by his local Poundland shop for the grand sum of ...er .....one pound. Hey presto : DIY Amenity Kit ^
Old May 28, 2015, 10:38 am

Seem to remember seeing a post on the Etihad forum a while back, about a guy who stocks up in this way. He then places the said items in a case not unlike those provided on (selected) flights, but supplied by his local Poundland shop for the grand sum of ...er .....one pound. Hey presto : DIY Amenity Kit ^
My cases come provided courtesy of UK airports and their free plastic bag for 100ml liquids at security, if required
Old May 28, 2015, 10:53 am

Are those plastic self-sealing bags now free at ALL airports in the UK .....?

When the rules were first introduced several years ago, I distinctly remember widespread criticism at the (excessive) charge imposed for the mandatory bags. I don't often have cause to use LHR, but when passing through there a couple of weeks back (T4) I was impressed both by the efficiency of the security process - and the provision of any number of plastic bags at no cost.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I am about to do CDG-DXB-BKK-DXB-AMS in F. All are day time flights, so I guess I shall receive neither amenity kits nor PJs on any flights?
Old May 28, 2015, 10:59 am

Are those plastic self-sealing bags now free at ALL airports in the UK .....?

When the rules were first introduced several years ago, I distinctly remember widespread criticism at the (excessive) charge imposed for the mandatory bags. I don't often have cause to use LHR, but when passing through there a couple of weeks back (T4) I was impressed both by the efficiency of the security process - and the provision of any number of plastic bags at no cost.
I've only been through BHX, LGW and LHR recently (i.e. this year) and they were handing them out free there at LGW/LHR and someone asked for one at BHX and was given one, so I'm not sure about all the other airports that have them.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
I am about to do CDG-DXB-BKK-DXB-AMS in F. All are day time flights, so I guess I shall receive neither amenity kits nor PJs on any flights?
No, I very much doubt it (but lots of tips in the thread on how to survive life without them .....!!)

Plus, I don't believe they're normal issue on DXB-BKK-DXB anyway ....those sectors are regarded as too short.

For your European flights you might find the Purser will provide a kit on specific request - IF there happen to be any stocks onboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.