Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New business product for next 777 deliveries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

By common consent, the J class offering on EK's 777-300ER has fallen some way behind many/most competitors.

The all-new 777X is on order but won't be in service before 2020. Meanwhile, there's every chance that the next batch of Emirates 777-300ER's will come with a much-improved J product ..........

http://www.ausbt.com.au/new-emirates...n=home-flipper
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:29 am

I've already heard Y is going to be upgraded to the new thinner, lighter seats. EK said they could lose as much as three tons of weight on each A380 with this change. Not sure regarding the comfort, but this could also be implemented on the 777's.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by subject2load
By common consent, the J class offering on EK's 777-300ER has fallen some way behind many/most competitors.

The all-new 777X is on order but won't be in service before 2020. Meanwhile, there's every chance that the next batch of Emirates 777-300ER's will come with a much-improved J product ..........

http://www.ausbt.com.au/new-emirates...n=home-flipper
Sounds promising.
I hope they'll retrofit all the "old" B777 before (though they are basically for short haul).

.. and when A388 JCL will change ? Main criticism on hard product being narrow width and small foot cavity.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:43 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Got to say on my recent flight PEK-DXB, the airframe was showing it's age a little and the J seat was slightly uncomfortable. The seat cushion was a little lumpy and uncomfortable on the rear end and you felt the lupms and bumps when in bed mode. In contrast my onward flight on a 2 class 77W, the interior was fresher and the seat cushioning a marked improvement on the previous flight.

As a bit of a newbie on EK, I was trying to work out if these seats were truly lie flat or not but tiredeness was not allowing the brain to function to full capacity .

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
less space on a 2 class 77w.

they are also definitely not flat.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:42 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by m3red
less space on a 2 class 77w.

they are also definitely not flat.
I didn't think so. In what respect do you mean less space on the 2 class?

Personally I felt more comfortable on the 2 class but maybe that was because it was a newer airframe.

S
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
I didn't think so. In what respect do you mean less space on the 2 class?

Personally I felt more comfortable on the 2 class but maybe that was because it was a newer airframe.

S
less space to the seat in front of you (quite a noticable amount).
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by NOIR
I've already heard Y is going to be upgraded to the new thinner, lighter seats. EK said they could lose as much as three tons of weight on each A380 with this change. Not sure regarding the comfort, but this could also be implemented on the 777's.
If those are the same slimline seats that are common on newer European short-haul aircraft and have no headrest and absolutely no lumbar support... no thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:48 am
Moderator, Emirates

Ah, okay. Didn't notice that. I was in row 6 with the half bulkhead.

S
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Not all seats on the 2 class 777's have the same leg space. I remember posting about this a while ago. I have not been on the 2 class for a while but 5J 5K ( sort of similar position to 7J/7K) had only 2/3rd the leg space of 4J/4K .

Even the middle seats had better leg space ( similar to the 3 class).
I suspect that even among the 2 class 777 the layout may vary regarding the leg space.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Emirates is upgrading its in-flight entertainment (IFE) system to include larger screens and three times the media storage capacity.

The new product is installed on the Gulf airline's newly-delivered B777-300ER and A380 aircraft.

First class IFE screens will increase in size by 40 per cent, from 27 to 32 inches, while those in economy will be "the industry's largest in-seat screens" at 13.3 inches. Business class screens will remain 23 inches wide.

full article here
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-entertainment
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I remember the first TV I got when I bought my house was 24". You now get 32" on a plane!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:00 pm

Is this new IFE already installed on the aircraft or is it being gradually rolled out? How will we know which planes have it first?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by stanontour
... First class IFE screens will increase in size by 40 per cent, from 27 to 32 inches, ....
Bigger than current one ...
Sure they can still fit 4 suites per row ?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by stanontour
Emirates is upgrading its in-flight entertainment (IFE) system to include larger screens and three times the media storage capacity.

The new product is installed on the Gulf airline's newly-delivered B777-300ER and A380 aircraft.

First class IFE screens will increase in size by 40 per cent, from 27 to 32 inches, while those in economy will be "the industry's largest in-seat screens" at 13.3 inches. Business class screens will remain 23 inches wide.

full article here
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-entertainment
already discussed a couple months ago here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ystem-ife.html

@ASUDan130: I believe it has been installed on 77W's regs. A6-EPA/B/C and the two 2-class A380s A6-EOQ/R, all delivered since September 1st, and will continue going forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.