Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK STPC Hotel Options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Beds are King size+ (used them last week) but check hotel rules about guests-we both had to give our boarding passes and passport scan when we checked in...
We use the EK Lounge for F&B
SS
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:12 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've been looking at this recently. There appear to be various room sizes depending on which concourse you are in.

There are bigger Executive rooms that have access to a lounge of some sort. Plus, there are Junior Suites - but these are pricey.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Lots of good information on the hotel website: https://bookings.ihotelier.com/Dubai...?hotelId=73455

The regular ("Deluxe" in hotel-speak) rooms themselves are quite large - certainly large enough for a rollaway bed - and there's a large upholstered chair in addition to the bed. Website says queen or two twin beds but I agree with Silverswimmer that IME it's a King sized bed.

A dummy booking shows that (for a random date in April) you can book a "Deluxe Sgl/Dbl" for 1 or 2 adults for AED540, or for 3 adults for AED640. So it looks like an extra AED100 (~20 GBP) for a rollaway bed. (These are the early bird rates). If you try to book for 4 adults it says you need a second room.

ETA a few further thoughts.

In Concourse A there are lifts between the hotel level and the Business lounge level. It is not the lift labelled "hotel" from the main departures concourse (which arrives close to the hotel reception desk and which most people use). But if you were to turn left coming out of that lift and go down the corridor about 50 metres (?) you come to another lift lobby which will take you down to the Business (or First) lounge. Note that when reversing the process, there are two sets of lifts outside the lounge (two on the left and two on the right) but only one set (right side?) goes up to the hotel.

One consequence is that if leaving the hotel to go to the lounge for food and beverage, as mentioned above, it's quicker to use these lifts. The alternative is to take the more central lifts down to the main concourse, walk the 50 metres through the duty free and hordes of passengers, and then take the other lift up to the lounge.

A second consequence is that it's possible to come and go from a hotel room without necessarily dealing with the reception desk. Just saying.

Last edited by RadioGirl; Jan 19, 2016 at 12:08 am
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:47 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
In Concourse A there are lifts between the hotel level and the Business lounge level. It is not the lift labelled "hotel" from the main departures concourse (which arrives close to the hotel reception desk and which most people use). But if you were to turn left coming out of that lift and go down the corridor about 50 metres (?) you come to another lift lobby which will take you down to the Business (or First) lounge. Note that when reversing the process, there are two sets of lifts outside the lounge (two on the left and two on the right) but only one set (right side?) goes up to the hotel.
Where is this "lounge" lift located on the concourse level? Near A24?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
In my experience ironilcaly flying from CPT and transferring to LHR , the rooms are not going to be 5* or 4* , but more like 3* , they are okay for sleep , but other then that forget it as they aren't modern and they need a revamp and plus they are highly expensive, you could go into Dubai for a better experience if time permits .....
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by Flame3601
In my experience ironilcaly flying from CPT and transferring to LHR , the rooms are not going to be 5* or 4* , but more like 3* , they are okay for sleep , but other then that forget it as they aren't modern and they need a revamp and plus they are highly expensive, you could go into Dubai for a better experience if time permits .....
My parents have done this a couple of times (in fact they are there on there way out to CPT now) and it's fine as somewhere to spend 12 hours or so and sleep. They've done Dubai several times and have no desire to schlep out of the airport just to get a better hotel (esp as my mum has mobility difficulties so needs a wheel chair to get round such a huge airport and one of their frinds who is travel lo g woth them is blind).

I normally just grab a couple of hours sleep in the lounge on my way back to MAN from LUN but as they'll be in the hotel they said to come to them instead. I'll give it a try as I can always revert to my usual plan.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Where is this "lounge" lift located on the concourse level? Near A24?
Yes, I think so. In any case it's clearly signposted from the main departure level as providing access to the lounge levels. (And of course it ends up outside the lounge itself; it's not a short-cut to getting into the lounge without scrutiny.)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Really?

I've only stayed in the Concourse A hotel (maybe B and C are a bit run down?) but the bathroom, bed linen, floors and furniture were extremely clean, everything worked (plumbing, lights), the fittings seemed very modern, and it was quite comfortable.

In any case, it's a transit stop, not a two-week vacation, so other than a good shower (yes), a comfortable bed (yes) and every clean and in working order (yes) I'm not sure what else is required. I didn't need room service (lounge for dinner and breakfast), there's not much of a view and I guess I wouldn't host a dinner party in the room, but for an overnight it was more than adequate.

The early bird rate of 540 AED may be higher than some hotels in Dubai but not outrageous, particularly given the convenience. When I only have 8 or 10 hours between flights I don't want to spend an hour or more at each end dealing with transport, immigration and security.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: EK, JP
I have used rooms at the Dubai Airside Hotel on at least 4-5 occasions. Sure, they may not be the best, but they are reasonably large, outstanding air conditioning and the convenience of not having to go through Immigration, security, twice is definitely worth it. The additional benefit of a 24 hour mall and food court that is DXB is another attraction(debatable)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: Free agent
Transit Hotel Confusion

I will be flying from the US to the Maldives soon all on Emirates. I arrive in Dubai at 12:00pm on Monday and depart for the Maldives at 4:35am on Tuesday. My preference would be to arrive in DXB, drop my carry baggage at the transit hotel inside the airport, take a shower, go into the city until around 8pm, return to the hotel and take a nap then catch my flight.

The hotel website states:

"During my stay in the Hotel, Can I go out to the city and get back to my room later?
This would depend upon the following:

If you are citizen of a country that doesn’t require a pre-approved visa to enter the country, the you can go out, however only passengers travelling on Emirates Airlines on their onward journey can come back into the Airport and the Hotel at any time, because Emirates Airlines permits check-in 6hrs. prior to flight departure. However passengers travelling on Emirates Airlines to destinations in the USA can only check-in 3 hrs. prior to flight departure.

Passengers travelling on other airlines can only check-in 3 hrs. prior to flight departure.

As the Hotel is meant mainly for transit passengers, it is advisable that you get your boarding pass for your onward flight as soon as you arrive at Dubai Airport. This can be done at the various transfer desks located in the Concourse C – Terminal 1 and Concourse A & B – Terminal 3. You can also get your boarding pass for your onward flight from Dubai, at the Airport of origin."

I called the hotel and they were insistent on Emirates having a 3 hour check-in rule. They did recommend I call Emirates. I did so and Emirates said not only do they not have a 3 hour, they don't have a 6 hour in my case. They said I should get both boarding passes in the US at departure and I'm free to return to the airport at my leisure.

Has anyone that has used this hotel comment on whether it's that easy? Once I get into the airport on my return there is nothing keeping me from going straight to the hotel? I know that seems like an obvious question but for someone that's never used a transit hotel before I don't want to take a chance on their being some kind of secondary level of security that wouldn't let me back into my room.

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
You will most likely get your onward boarding pass upon check-in in the US.

Barring that, online check in opens at T-24H so you will be able to get a mobile boarding pass for DXB-MLE in all cases.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by extramileage
You will most likely get your onward boarding pass upon check-in in the US.

Barring that, online check in opens at T-24H so you will be able to get a mobile boarding pass for DXB-MLE in all cases.
Even before security to get to the hotel, he could visit the transit desks to get his onward boarding pass in any case, so I think the only issue is his immigration status - if he's a US citizen, then barring any issues there, I think he will be free to come and go (just go the wrong way through transit security to get back from the hotel departures area to immigration).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
There are cheaper ways of getting a shower and somewhere to leave your bags. I assume you want to take a nap as well ?

Spa+snoozecube+baggage storage ?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
There are cheaper ways of getting a shower and somewhere to leave your bags. I assume you want to take a nap as well ?

Spa+snoozecube+baggage storage ?
No doubt, and if it was me traveling that's what would have happened. He's willing to split with a little more $$$ than I am! Yes, they did want to catch some sleep though.

Thanks for the replies, he was issued his boarding pass in the US and all was smooth dropping and returning.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:16 am

I will be having a 8 hour transit in Dubai and was considering the Dubai International Hotel that is inside the airport but was quoted 900 AED for 6 hours. But in some of the earlier posts, I do see few posts mentioning 540 AED. Is that for the same transit hotel or a hotel that is outside the airport?

PS: I'm traveling in J, so will have lounge access & am considering the snoozecube also. But if lounge has sleeping lounges or long chairs, then that should work for me too.

Would love some perspective so that I can make a decision before I travel.

Last edited by Redhat72; Jun 10, 2016 at 5:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.