Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Airport Dubai – Series 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Pleb

The first episode was shown on South East Asia National Geographic Channel last night (Thursday 8 October 2015).

I think this series will definately be on a par with the first one.

I’m not going to give too much away for those who haven’t seen it yet, but no doubt Unidentified Ariel Vehicles (drones) are going to become an ever increasing problem for the aviation industry. A two hour total shut down of Dubai airspace is estimated to have cost several million dollars.

In view of past comments/posts relating to consumption of alcohol and being intoxicated in DXB I am somewhat surprised that two young German honeymooners didn’t have a ‘welcoming party’ on their arrival at DXB. I am absolutely flabbergasted that the police did not want to be involved after they consumed even more booze and became totally paralytic in the terminal whilst waiting for their connecting flight to BKK. Poor Mel was left to deal with the situation, which she did impeccably. IMHO I think they were extremely lucky to get away with only having to rebook their flights at only $1,500.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Oldtiger
I’m not going to give too much away for those who haven’t seen it yet
Err....

In view of past comments/posts relating to consumption of alcohol and being intoxicated in DXB I am somewhat surprised that two young German honeymooners didn’t have a ‘welcoming party’ on their arrival at DXB. I am absolutely flabbergasted that the police did not want to be involved after they consumed even more booze and became totally paralytic in the terminal whilst waiting for their connecting flight to BKK. Poor Mel was left to deal with the situation, which she did impeccably. IMHO I think they were extremely lucky to get away with only having to rebook their flights at only $1,500.
Only kidding
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:12 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
The first episode was shown on South East Asia National Geographic Channel last night (Thursday 8 October 2015).

I think this series will definately be on a par with the first one.

I’m not going to give too much away for those who haven’t seen it yet, but no doubt Unidentified Ariel Vehicles (drones) are going to become an ever increasing problem for the aviation industry. A two hour total shut down of Dubai airspace is estimated to have cost several million dollars.

Thanks for the update. I think I'll have to look out for this episode now!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:45 am

It's nowhere to be seen online!

Wikipedia shows that Episode 1 aired on 7th Oct, but there's actually no sign of it anywhere!
How long does it take to appear on torrents, or even anywhere on the internet for that matter?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
For UK based Sky TV subscribers, the new series starts on National Geographic channel, Wednesday 28th October at 9pm
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Starts Thursday, 15 October 20h05 on Nat Geo Channel (DSTV channel 181) in South Africa.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Do you have a video? Can I watch it? Can they put on YouTube?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:56 am

Same question as N830MH!

Would it be possible to record it on an STB in UK or South Africa and upload it online?
Or is that illegal....

Just asking :P
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:57 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Series 3 is being advertised as Starting Wednesday 14 October 19:30 National Geographic Channel in New Zealand.

However the Episode discussed above aired today at 13:30.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:14 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
For those folks in Australia the series has already started on National Geographic - Episode 2 airs tomorrow at 7.30pm

There is a re-run of the first episode on Thursday at 11.30pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
from what I can tell, it is not on Directv in the States.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
from what I can tell, it is not on Directv in the States.
Yeah, unfortunately, I can't watch it. We have COX Cable. Is those show will be on TV? I am not quite sure. I don't know which channel is that.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:26 pm

Still do not see anything on YouTube, last season the shows were posted within a few hours of airing.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Still do not see anything on YouTube, last season the shows were posted within a few hours of airing.
Everyone got Android TV boxes now. No need for YouTube?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:27 am

I found episode one on Bit Torrent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.