Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Refund Mystery

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Emirates Refund Mystery

Hello,

Bought a refundable ticket online with EK. Did all the required steps, but when I call to inquire about it, nobody knows anything about refunds. Its like some secret society that is untouchable by the consumer to simply talk with anyone who knows a thing about how much, when, how etc.
Its been three days since I filled out the forms and no one has contacted me in any way. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
You should have received an automated summary confirmation email shortly after the form was submitted online.

Based on past experience, it takes up to a week after that to get the refund amount confirmation via email from the refund department.

They go by the ticket rules, so if you read them correctly there should be no issue.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks,
Cancelled it Friday night, and now Monday afternoon in Thailand and no response. Maybe have to wait until the business week gets started to get the first response. Thanks for your reply. Disturbing that it is impossible to talk to anyone regarding it on any of their call lines.

I have continued to try and find out anything and all I get is Indian people who seem to know nothing about anything, then they transfer my call to nowhere. Will never fly Emirates again.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 31, 2015 at 7:04 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:06 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
rhinoboy, welcome to FlyerTalk! As this concerns Emirates customer service, I'll move this to the dedicated FlyerTalk forum for that airline. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:09 am

Unfortunately the refund department pretty much sucks - they never contact you after you've got the email response from the automated system. However, money generally appears on my payment method in a week or two.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by rhinoboy
Thanks,
Cancelled it Friday night, and now Monday afternoon in Thailand and no response. Maybe have to wait until the business week gets started to get the first response. Thanks for your reply. Disturbing that it is impossible to talk to anyone regarding it on any of their call lines.

I have continued to try and find out anything and all I get is Indian people who seem to know nothing about anything, then they transfer my call to nowhere. Will never fly Emirates again.
Did you receive the first automated email?

If so, just sit back and let the process run itself. Refund department is processing the refund and the sales agents won't have the answer.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Ok,,,thanks
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
Some refunds take up to three weeks so patience is the key here
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Thanks,

Their buisness week already started !! They are just slow, you will get it
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: Skywards
business week in dubai is starting on Sunday - Friday. Not sure what the exact problem is, but if I recall correctly, you receive an email in which is stated that you'll receive the money within 10 or so business days.

Believe me, refund process with Emirates is one of the easier ones that I've experienced, so switching carrier may not be the solution.

Last edited by kuroko; Aug 31, 2015 at 11:23 pm
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by kuroko

Believe me, refund process with Emirates is one of the easier ones that I've experienced, so switching carrier may not be the solution.
+1

TK once asked me to go to their sales office to refund a 100% refundable ticket purchased ONLINE....
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. No word fro the "Secret Society" yet...I did recive the automated no reply email.

Thank you for your query – we will respond as quickly as possible.

For your reference, please find a summary of the information you submitted
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:54 am
Original Poster

I will absolutely never ever book with Emirates again..This is ridiculous.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:04 am

Because you don't get an immediate refund??
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:10 pm

I fail to see why. From your posts, it's only been 4 days since you made the request. 2 of these were at the weekend. Make your mind up when the refund appears in your bank account. Some businesses only do this once a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.