Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

any advice on how I can use these 86K miles? East coast to ANYWHERE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Hi

Live in the Washington DC area. Looking for a reasonable way to spend 86K skywards points? I can transfer more in if need be from AMEX. I'm willing to fly anywhere.

Do all their award tickets have fuel surcharges? Are there truly any sweet spots on their chart?

I'm really not digging the skywards program, seems like you get raped on all ends. You earn minimal for long flights, it's a major pain to book on partners, appears to be ridiculous fuel surcharges, and miles expire without any way to renew them.

I mean is this the worst program around? I have miles spread across at least 10 different programs and I can't think of one that is worse.

Miz
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:39 pm

For EK miles, I find the best is for upgrades... Find a cheap ticket somewhere, then upgrade it. You'd have to check, but I think East Coast to DXB upgrades OW are around what you have.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:05 am

Go to Korea/China/Japan on KE. 105k roundtrip if you can find space (you can register for KE program and then search on the KE website) with no fuel surcharges.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:34 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Is KE the only way to avoid the fuel surcharges?

Does anyone know if there are fuel surcharges using the miles to travel to Hawaii on Alaska Airlines?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.