Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Man punches on those 2 EK Flight Attendants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

He was punching on those 2 Emirates flight attendant. He want to get more space. They told him no. When they landed in MEL and the police is wait for him. He was not arrested on his charges interfering with a flight crew. He will barred flying on Emirates unless if his behavior will changes.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/man-p...e0bb12c936d4d2

He wasn't drunks or something like that. He have listen with his flight crew instructions. He can't go into the Business Class. He does not have a upgrade. He never did.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Shouldn't he be arrested for assault and battery? Punching an FA in the face and headbutting (or attempting ) to headbutt another would be prosecuted for sure in the outside world. I don't know what kind of personal circumstances could get him off here.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:56 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hmmm... The only evidence here is of some guy who arrived on the scene in the 'aftermath'.

The fact that the guy wasn't arrested leads me to think there is some exaggeration going on.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Hmmm... The only evidence here is of some guy who arrived on the scene in the 'aftermath'.

The fact that the guy wasn't arrested leads me to think there is some exaggeration going on.
If he'd punched Crew he'd have been arrested and detained not allowed to continue. Nothing to see here...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
A very poorly-constructed, incomplete, and dubious report methinks.

The only part I would treat as reliable ís the official quoted statement by the EK spokesperson.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
A very poorly-constructed, incomplete, and dubious report methinks.

The only part I would treat as reliable ís the official quoted statement by the EK spokesperson.
This is the Aussie media we are talking about, they are as reliable and adept at constructing a factual report as their UK and US counterparts.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Yes. No direct evidence of assault.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by LifeontheBeach
Yes. No direct evidence of assault.
Why there is no evidence? I just don't get it. Yes, he should be arrested. He will stayed in Prison for years.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by N830MH
Why there is no evidence?
Because it's a crappy newspaper story. No evidence that anything actually happened. Read it again...
Old Aug 22, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
Why there is no evidence? I just don't get it. Yes, he should be arrested. He will stayed in Prison for years.

Some interesting assumptions there N830MH.

For the sake of total clarity : could you please confirm whether or not you actually travelled on this particular flight, and witnessed events as they unfolded ....?

I ask the question because you appear to be in possession of information over & above what is described in the linked press report. For example, you talk in your opening post about the passenger not being able "to go into the Business Class" and the fact that "he does not have a upgrade. He never did". So I'm quite intrigued as to how you know this, given that there appears to be no supporting reference in the report.

You have also :

a) drawn your own conclusion that there was sufficient reason for an arrest to be made, contrary to the decision of the Federal Police who would have had the benefit of questioning all parties concerned, and
b) determined that a prison sentence of "years" is warranted, regardless of the fact that no charges have been made or guilt proven in a court of law.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
He just copied the topic from airliners.net, which is where/how he gets most of his stories.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:57 pm

Love the comments after the report, and then the 'eye witness' statement.
The Sydney Morning Herald must be worried about their place at the "top" of Aussie reporting. It makes the Sunday Sport look professional
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by enjoyingit
Love the comments after the report, and then the 'eye witness' statement.
The Sydney Morning Herald must be worried about their place at the "top" of Aussie reporting. It makes the Sunday Sport look professional
The story was from a tabloid rag, the Herald Sun, not the Sydney Morning Herald. Different city, completely different paper.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
A guy was restrained. This looks like a fact, and this is very very serious. Restraining someone is equivalent to arresting him (even though the consequences are not the same).
So, either, the guy behaved wildly and his behavior should be judged. Punching FAs (if proven) would make his case worse.
Or, the crew (and fellow passengers) wrongfully restrained the guy, and abused of their dominant position.
In my opinion, the incident should be documented and be assessed, otherwise, each party will continue to think that he was right ...

Imagine this on the ground. In a mall, for example. I'm quite sure it would end up one party suing the other.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
http://www.thenational.ae/uae/201508...eirut-to-dubai

Another story on a different flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.