Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Actual flight times DXB - MEL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Actual flight times DXB - MEL

What is the actual flying time for this and a return route? I'm worried how I will manage to spend 14+ hours in the economy seat...
Has anyone experienced an upgrade to business (just like that) on this route?

Is it better to take KUL/SIN stopover?

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAE406

Comes in between 12 and 13 hours...

Upgrades are done on a status basis if the flight is over sold in economy and people are bumped to biz and people in biz to first. I/O Plats and Golds first so without status unlikely you will get an upgrade.

Personal choice to go via SIN or KUL - breaks up the journey but I'd probably just rather get it done on the direct segment.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
EK say it is 13hr 20min and that's what it is likely to be give or take 30 minutes. Spontaneous upgrades to business are very unlikely - if EK need to upgrade someone for operational reasons that will usually go to somebody with a higher tier in the Skywards programme. Lots of people do manage to survive this trip in economy but if you are seriously concerned then a stopover would be sensible...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Thank you both. I'm more relaxed now. I did CDG-LAX that was more than 12h so eastbound should be fine. Coming back from MEL will be a pain but I'll live I hope.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: EK, QF, VA
The flight via KUL is the most likely to have J class upgrades available if you've got miles to use, but the worst thing about any flight from DXB-MEL is hoping that it won't be delayed due to fog in DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.