Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

inventory control changes on F wines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

inventory control changes on F wines?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I think the first step would be to bring large amounts of tupperware in one's carry-ons and load up on all the bottles of wine and food in the lounge for consumption on board
Have seen that many times... (Only food)
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
Have seen that many times... (Only food)
At EK outstation or partner lounges? I've seen it happen with things like snacks etc. but not from the hot food on the buffet.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The head honcho on a recent Virgin flight presented myself and my missus with a bottle each of what we had been drinking at the UC bar Fantastic service all flight, irrespective of the free booze.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
At EK outstation or partner lounges? I've seen it happen with things like snacks etc. but not from the hot food on the buffet.
At EK lounges, last time, some guy took out his aluminium foil and grabbed some Schnitzel and other stuff - straight into the hand luggage. No words.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
At EK lounges, last time, some guy took out his aluminium foil and grabbed some Schnitzel and other stuff - straight into the hand luggage. No words.
Oh gee.

You can buy an airline ticket.

You can't buy class.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:26 am

There's cheap, then there's pathologically frugal
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Oh gee.

You can buy an airline ticket.

You can't buy class.

Same for the op. Expecting wine from f is ridiculous.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
I, frankly, cannot believe this is a serious post by the OP. Was s/he expecting anyone at this site to agree that s/he was entitled to a 'free' bottle of wine? Please. The notion that 'in revenge', every bottle in F was opened and tasted is also ludicrous - there's more than one bottle of every wine in F, and if you expect anyone to believe that you directed them to open them all for your tasting adventure, you're a moron! They would've given you another 'taste' from the first bottle you asked opened. This is a ruse, a pathetic ruse, but nothing more.

On a separate, but related note, I have, on a number of occasions, been presented with a nice bottle of wine just before landing (yeah, for the record, I also pay for my seats, but is that really relevant? Will I stop paying if I don't get free booze - NOT!) on more than one airline. Seems to me that they know it's my birthday or I've mentioned I am traveling to a wedding or some such thing. Am I entitled for one in future, of course not. To be honest, I have a cellar with probably 250 bottles that are regularly refreshed (!). Does one more make a difference? Of course not.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Paid by you or by someone else?

If paid by you, you can afford to buy the wine so need for this. If by someone else, and you can't afford the wine, buy a cheaper one or save up until you can.
Paid by me.

Of course i can afford wine, although i typically drink much better than offered on any airline. There are rare times when a wine from a chateaux that i am particularly fond of, as was the case in this post, are on the menu. Since my taking one sip then having the entire bottle emptied with unused coffee and such would be an obscene waste, rather than taking the bottle to enjoy on the ground, i asked a very specific question that not a single individual bothered to address.

To all the sad individuals who chose to attack, despite my request that you do not, you obviously missed the entire purpose of this thread. The question was, and remains, are inventory controls with EK such that a missing empty bottle will cause trouble for the chief purser? Or do they have the discretion to honor such a request?

If you have nothing better to do, please feel free to continue to ignorantly attack me. If, on the ofher hand, you know the answer and have something useful to add, i would greatly appreciate knowing.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lenyoga
Paid by me.

Of course i can afford wine, although i typically drink much better than offered on any airline. There are rare times when a wine from a chateaux that i am particularly fond of, as was the case in this post, are on the menu. Since my taking one sip then having the entire bottle emptied with unused coffee and such would be an obscene waste, rather than taking the bottle to enjoy on the ground, i asked a very specific question that not a single individual bothered to address.

To all the sad individuals who chose to attack, despite my request that you do not, you obviously missed the entire purpose of this thread. The question was, and remains, are inventory controls with EK such that a missing empty bottle will cause trouble for the chief purser? Or do they have the discretion to honor such a request?

If you have nothing better to do, please feel free to continue to ignorantly attack me. If, on the ofher hand, you know the answer and have something useful to add, i would greatly appreciate knowing.
I think they would be in trouble as others have said unless they put it through as service recovery.

If you drink better red wine than on EK first then fair play to you as its not cheap. My current favortie is the Ch Angleus 2004.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
The question was, and remains, are inventory controls with EK such that a missing empty bottle will cause trouble for the chief purser? Or do they have the discretion to honor such a request?
You still didn't get that from this thread
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:47 am

(...)
Since my taking one sip then having the entire bottle emptied with unused coffee and such would be an obscene waste, rather than taking the bottle to enjoy on the ground, i asked a very specific question that not a single individual bothered to address.

(...) The question was, and remains, are inventory controls with EK such that a missing empty bottle will cause trouble for the chief purser? Or do they have the discretion to honor such a request?

(...)If, on the ofher hand, you know the answer and have something useful to add, i would greatly appreciate knowing.
In echoes of another infamous thread on this forum, the question you posed about inventory was answered both implicitly in most posts (e.g. in post 2 and post 4) and explicitly in post 9.

To re-iterate: giving on-board items to people (not just passengers, but other crew or ground staff) to take off the aircraft is a firing offence at EK. This is especially true of bottles of wine, either opened or unopened.

Your secondary point about "obscene waste" was also addressed - it is standard procedure on nearly every airline to empty every single opened bottle of wine, used or unused, down the toilet before landing.

Whilst you can make an argument about the inherent wastefulness or not or air travel, premium air travel is inarguably so. In fact, such is the essence of luxury, which is what the F product on EK is marketed and sold as. I don't think it has any bearing on whether an airline's crew has the discretion to give you a bottle of wine or not.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
So the OP acknowledges: 'Since my taking one sip then having the entire bottle emptied with unused coffee and such would be an obscene waste.'

How should we interpret the behaviour, 'I was just so annoyed about the lie that I had them open every bottle of alcohol in first and took a sip of each'?

It seems the comment we were asked not to bother with in the first post might be considered appropriate.

Last edited by pomkiwi; Jul 29, 2015 at 5:57 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
We sure learn a lot about folk by the tone of their reaction to contributions received in response to a question and/or request for feedback.

FT is a great forum overall because the vast majority of posters are perfectly rational & fair-minded when it comes to sharing experiences whilst learning from others ; but, just occasionally, a member who decides that responses & comments are not to his/her liking will focus on those responding rather than the actual content within. And it's then just another short step to the OP labelling experienced members as "sad individuals" - and told "if you have nothing better to do, please feel free to continue to ignorantly attack me"

I guess the real irony here stems from the OP's own ignorance - whether wilful or otherwise - of the fact that, early in the thread, the main question was specifically addressed by a number of members - one of whom could not have been more explicit. But, that said, it's worth remembering also that this is a forum for opinion, and posters asking questions do not have delegated authority to control how others may choose to respond. The OP touched on various issues within the post, and should hardly be surprised - much less offended - if other members then follow up with their own thoughts on those very same issues. When the OP uses expressions such as "the question was, and remains ......", he/she seems to be labouring under an illusion that we are all here to sit some sort of exam.

Pomkiwi above makes a very good point in alluding to the "spare all the ************ comments please". How interesting that the OP made this appeal even before others had the chance to say anything at all.

I don't know why I was suddenly reminded of it, but there's a great exchange in A Fish Called Wanda when a guilty-sounding Otto says to Wendy "Don't call me stupid" only to get the response "Why on earth not ...?"
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: many
But... But... But...

The bassinet should be excluded from the first cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.