Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

All flights leaving 10 minutes later?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold

Hey folks.

Just a random question...

I recieved an email about 2 weeks ago about our DXB-BCN flight (in December) time change (leaving 10 minutes later). Then today I got an email about our DXB-DUR flight two weeks later also leaving 10 minutes later. I am transiting DXB again twice after returning to DUR and have not received any emails regarding changes to those flights. I also haven't received an email for changes to my flight to JFK in September.

Just curious as to why DXB departures are now 10 minutes later (for what I'm assuming to be all departures now).
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
Hey folks.

Just a random question...

I recieved an email about 2 weeks ago about our DXB-BCN flight (in December) time change (leaving 10 minutes later). Then today I got an email about our DXB-DUR flight two weeks later also leaving 10 minutes later. I am transiting DXB again twice after returning to DUR and have not received any emails regarding changes to those flights. I also haven't received an email for changes to my flight to JFK in September.

Just curious as to why DXB departures are now 10 minutes later (for what I'm assuming to be all departures now).
We got 2 emails recently for upcoming travel GLA-MEL return. Our GLA departure is now 5 minutes earlier; our DXB arrival 10 minutes earlier and our DXB departure 15 minutes earlier. The reason quoted was 'operational reasons'. I assume that not all flights are affected and some will be earlier and some will be later. It happens with most bookings we make and could be down to a multitude of things such as an aircraft change, a route change, quicker/slower handling of pax and luggage at airports, the knock on effects of other changes in flights etc.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have not received anything for my 4 EK flights in September (HAM-DXB-BKK and return)
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by OzTennis
We got 2 emails recently for upcoming travel GLA-MEL return.
I've had two or three recently for GLA-BKK in December/January. Not sure of the details as I'm away from home, but all were 5 minutes I think.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: Skywards
Received also several mails (+5', -10' and so on) - have changed some slot times in DXB I guess.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I've had two or three recently for GLA-BKK in December/January. Not sure of the details as I'm away from home, but all were 5 minutes I think.
Hardly seems worthwhile for 5 minutes change but I guess the gates closing 5 mins earlier might mean the difference between catching the flight/connection and not.

Once we had an aircraft change at the last minute on a GLA-DXB flight and the plane had a different seat configuration with 2 rather than 3 classes or vice-versa. When we got to the airport we found that the seats I'd booked months before had been re-allocated that day to someone else and we ended up with middle rather than aisle seats and when we got to Melbourne we found there was no chaffeur-drive waiting for us and had to organise a taxi at 2.00 am to our place because the EK office at the airport was closed.

The moral of the story for us was that since that I've always checked seats and chaffeur drive bookings up to the moment we get picked up and check it again at the airport check-in desk.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Just received two emails on time changes
BHX/DXB 10 minutes later and a flight BKK/DXB 10 minutes later!
SS
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
flight BKK/DXB 10 minutes later!
Flight number? Which date?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Flight number? Which date?
It is now 5 minutes later at 16.00hrs-EK377 in January,the BHX flight is 10 mins early.
SS
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:40 pm

All Flights Leaving 10 Mins Later

Yes and my flight leaving DUB in Nov is also leaving 30 min later, EK164 now leaves at 20:50 rather than 20:20
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Yep my 420 is now 5 mins later.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:49 pm

It could be to do with the DXB arrival slot programme designed to reduce congestion meaning an airline gets fines for repeatedly being early by 20 mins or so. Alternatively it could be to minimise delays due to crewing issues owing to the rumour that they have out grown their supply of pilots. Whoops.
Given that they have recently substantially reduced the experience levels required for selection as a pilot, the latter may hold slightly more truth than the former.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
My CPT is 5 mins later in Nov.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.