Search

The EK Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:34 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
The EK Peanut Gallery Thread

Ok, I stole this idea from another airline forum. We will attempt to give it a shot here on EK, to mix things up a little.

This thread is intended as a fun, more or less free-fire zone within this forum. Posts will not be edited here. If they go too far they will be deleted without notice, but otherwise they stay. Fair enough?

Readers who enjoy food fights can have a ton of fun. Readers who prefer to be serious all the time can safely ignore this thread and miss out. It's your choice.

And yes, all topics EK related are allowed. Even conspiracy theories about the ME3 subsidies
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
1. How one before a flight can one use the lounge?

2. Is there any handcream on board?

Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Will I definitely get an amenity kit .......???

(No way could I survive a long-haul flight without a folding clothes-brush....)

Oh, and m3red ...... you should already know the answer to your first question, which is three whole days of course ...... you remember the thread surely ...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
In a world without subsidies, how much money would Emirates be losing every year?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:37 am

As a loyal blue member for 10 years, why won't Emirates give me an upgrade at check-in? The Golds and Platinums probably have enough miles to spend on upgrades anyway so EK may as well just give op-up pritority to me!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Pandor
As a loyal blue member for 10 years, why won't Emirates give me an upgrade at check-in? The Golds and Platinums probably have enough miles to spend on upgrades anyway so EK may as well just give op-up pritority to me!
can you collect a silver card from the lounge?

Why are the nuts served warm?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Drop it dude

On a recent flight I observed one youngish guy in J desperately trying to get the number of one of the flight attendants. I mean, sure, there's a wall of guys (esp to/from the UK) flirting with the FA tending the A380 bar on any given flight, but this guy was super insistent.

She was suuuper polite about it but he just wouldn't stop. Eventually she just had to walk away.

Seriously dude?

We were embarrassed just witnessing it.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: Skywards
Have done many flights in C, what do think why I have reached my Silver Status within 5 months

Will post more, just the first that popped up in my mind
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Pandor
^
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
On a recent flight I observed one youngish guy in J desperately trying to get the number of one of the flight attendants. I mean, sure, there's a wall of guys (esp to/from the UK) flirting with the FA tending the A380 bar on any given flight, but this guy was super insistent.

She was suuuper polite about it but he just wouldn't stop. Eventually she just had to walk away.

Seriously dude?

That is indeed seriously embarrassing.

Maybe his first time in J class .....
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
Have done many flights in C, what do think why I have reached my Silver Status within 5 months

Will post more, just the first that popped up in my mind
Ha ha ..... methinks you are badly missing a certain poster ......
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
In a world without subsidies, how much money would Emirates be losing every year?
They would be gaining much more money as those artificially hold-on-life entities like LH, AF, all the Chapter11 US-carriers etc. would not exist anymore ^
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:29 am

Last week I flew DXB to MCT and was very dissapointed I did not receive and amenity kit as it was dark outside.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Skywards
You can do a complaint, you are an iO member an did not receive an amenity kit on a day time flight.

I see how important that kit is to some people, more than CD service or lounge or even the business/first seat
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by extramileage

Seriously dude?

Sorry didn't realize I was embarrassing other guests......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.