Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I was in B lounge yesterday for the first time in a while, and I *think* there are more toilets there than there used to be? There were maybe 10 cubicles? These were right at the end of lounge on the left hand side as you walk in. On the opposite side from the champagne bar.

These are on top of the old toilets that I remember. Maybe they've always been there, and I'd just never noticed them before.
I don't think there are more than before, the entire toilet complex just has a very odd design.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:06 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Has anyone noticed that of late during the peak hours, the business lounge in DXB is woefully under capacity in terms of toilet capacity?

I have complained about this to the staff at the reception on more than one occasion on my way out, the latest being last week. The staff at the desk said if I had a similar issue the next time they could accompany me to the First lounge just to use the restrooms. Not sure what to make of this offer.

And I've been noticing a lot of folks of late who are walking around inside the bathrooms (not the shower area, which would still be acceptable), in just towels, and putting their feet all the way into the sink. Is it just me or is this normal? Maybe this is totally normal in some part of the world?
The toilets in the C J lounge two days ago were a shambles. Overcrowded, the attendant not making sure there was sufficient toilet paper available and (as often) hot as hell.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes especially the B Lounge has this issue. Also the showers connect directly to the hand washing area and the shower rooms don't have a dedicated basin unlike A. Feet in basin still disgusting though. In A just go to the far end, those bathrooms are generally quieter.
Which is why I am now used to half naked folks just walking around casually around the basin area.

And yes, I omitted to mention that I was talking about the B lounge. Looks like this lounge sees way more traffic than A or C.

I don't think there are more than before, the entire toilet complex just has a very odd design.
+100

Originally Posted by thijsseh
The toilets in the C J lounge two days ago were a shambles. Overcrowded, the attendant not making sure there was sufficient toilet paper available and (as often) hot as hell.
That's a shame. I used to walk the extra 10 minutes from the B gates to the C gates just because it was a lot more quieter and calm, when the A gates were undergoing renovation/construction.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:50 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by mannimagus

That's a shame. I used to walk the extra 10 minutes from the B gates to the C gates just because it was a lot more quieter and calm, when the A gates were undergoing renovation/construction.
The lounge itself was fine, busy but not overcrowded. Food offering fine and at 7am I don't need the Moët bar .
But the toilets were a shambles.

For me an airline lounge is a place to comfortably and quietly wait for the next flight. Its not an 'experience', but I know many (and especially FT'ers) feel different (and that's of course totally OK). The C lounge usually fits the bill for me.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
still 8 cubicles in the new toilet block. There used to be 8 in the 3 smaller gents toilets.
Its the first time i have used Concourse B lounge in a long time due to the lack of toilets. But last week I only had 90 minutes so decided to check out the B lounge after the renovations

There was about 6 people in front of me waiting to use a cubile, Once i finally managed to get a cubile it was same issue as before... so hot with limited ac. Not to forget the vacant / occupied signage - the number of people trying the doors to check if available given how difficult it is to see if in use.

Concourse A in future which i usually do. Very plesent lounge, no where near as busy and plenty of toilets with good ac!!

Agreed if you are going to use the lounge in B, a lot quieter in the champagn lounge for sure

Not even the peak time when i got to the lounge at 8.30AM.. dread to think what it was like the early hours
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Originally Posted by thijsseh
The lounge itself was fine, busy but not overcrowded. Food offering fine and at 7am I don't need the Moët bar .
But the toilets were a shambles.

For me an airline lounge is a place to comfortably and quietly wait for the next flight. Its not an 'experience', but I know many (and especially FT'ers) feel different (and that's of course totally OK). The C lounge usually fits the bill for me.
Pretty much the same criteria here. I just need a quiet and comfortable place to sit and unwind for 1-2 hours. And yes not having to queue up for a toilet cubicle, in a tiny toilet complex would be great.

Originally Posted by stanontour
still 8 cubicles in the new toilet block. There used to be 8 in the 3 smaller gents toilets.
Its the first time i have used Concourse B lounge in a long time due to the lack of toilets. But last week I only had 90 minutes so decided to check out the B lounge after the renovations

There was about 6 people in front of me waiting to use a cubile, Once i finally managed to get a cubile it was same issue as before... so hot with limited ac. Not to forget the vacant / occupied signage - the number of people trying the doors to check if available given how difficult it is to see if in use.

Concourse A in future which i usually do. Very plesent lounge, no where near as busy and plenty of toilets with good ac!!

Agreed if you are going to use the lounge in B, a lot quieter in the champagn lounge for sure

Not even the peak time when i got to the lounge at 8.30AM.. dread to think what it was like the early hours
Wow yeah pretty much what I face these days going through the B lounge.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
why renovate a lounge, create loads more seating spaces for the increased demand. and replace an obvious 8 toilet cubilcles in 3 blocks with 8?

creaate 20+ or more so no que ever would have been the wise thing but eh a nice champagne bar and extra seats is great ;-)

me personally being able to use a toliet without queing for 10 minutes and not sweating away would heva been a much better renovation than a nice champagne bar

i would have been quite happy waiting a few minutes for a drink instead of 5 minutes plus to relieve myself after a long flight

who designed the refurb? did they actually take note of the dire situation in the que to use the toilets.

as i said just stick with concourse A.. a 15 minute treck to B is well worth it in my opinion
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite*G; Skywards Gold; Hertz President's Circle
I agree - A lounge easily streets ahead of B at the moment, particularly after 8-8.30am when the morning rush clears out (I wouldn't even consider visiting the C lounge currently). I was there yesterday morning en route to AKL and for pretty much the first time this year I didn't have to queue for a cubicle - bathrooms were spotlessly clean too and the attendant on duty appeared to be very onto it!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:03 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well I found out the answer to my question about whether EK would offer iO's some sort of lounge access since the JFK lounge is closed!
Answer- they get a voucher just like the rest of us! I know an iO who's sitting at a restaurant in T4 right now.
Would it be that hard for EK to pay Virgin or something to offer the clubhouse to iO's? Its at most 4-5 people a day, and even that's being generous.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by S.R
Well I found out the answer to my question about whether EK would offer iO's some sort of lounge access since the JFK lounge is closed!
Answer- they get a voucher just like the rest of us! I know an iO who's sitting at a restaurant in T4 right now.
Would it be that hard for EK to pay Virgin or something to offer the clubhouse to iO's? Its at most 4-5 people a day, and even that's being generous.
Virgin, 49% owned by arch-enemy Delta, and 31% by Air France-KLM?

It is not just a matter of buying lounge access, it is whether the other airlines will sell it to EK

Although it's only 4-5 iOs, don't forget some iOs do have a habit of bringing entourage and assistants, who of course are expected to be allowed access as well.

But mainly, it's because of the other airlines.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:08 am
S.R

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Virgin, 49% owned by arch-enemy Delta, and 31% by Air France-KLM?

It is not just a matter of buying lounge access, it is whether the other airlines will sell it to EK

Although it's only 4-5 iOs, don't forget some iOs do have a habit of bringing entourage and assistants, who of course are expected to be allowed access as well.

But mainly, it's because of the other airlines.
LOL I forgot about the Delta ownership of Virgin. That is true, the iO I know did have his assistant and another employee traveling with him. I guess there are no other viable options in terminal 4 for them to offer.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by S.R
LOL I forgot about the Delta ownership of Virgin. That is true, the iO I know did have his assistant and another employee traveling with him. I guess there are no other viable options in terminal 4 for them to offer.
Yes, iirc, JFK T4 doesn't really have anyone who would be willing to sell it apart from Wingtips (you're not going to see EK signing a deal with Etihad or EL Al or Swiss, especially with EK not wanting to spend any $$$ on anything lately!).

One would think EK would comp a meal for 4 at an airside restaurant though for an iO, though.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:16 am
S.R

JFK Lounge Closure to last until early 2018

Just received the email from EK about it, says that the lounge won't reopen until early 2018.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
I just received the same email stating the re-opening of JFK lounge in early 2018. If anybody has a better idea of projected completion date it would be very useful as I have a couple of trips January/February. Wingtips doesn't sound like a fabulous option but I guess using PP to get in is better than nothing.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by Flaneurs
I just received the same email stating the re-opening of JFK lounge in early 2018. If anybody has a better idea of projected completion date it would be very useful as I have a couple of trips January/February. Wingtips doesn't sound like a fabulous option but I guess using PP to get in is better than nothing.
Also, would like to know the target date. In the interim, it says they will provide a voucher for use in any restaurant. Of course, a restaurant is not the same as a lounge. Anyway, does anyone know the value of the voucher for business/first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.